2050TM Issues

I wonder why there are still shareholders at all apart from the companys leadership! :) So far they never paid any dividend.

Oskar
Every market has its speculators. That's the only explanation I've got.

I don't believe traffic is working yet ! The maps are not current !
The MYTT is not functioning yet ecept for a couple applicatuon updates 2 weeks ago !
The processor is extremly fast but there are times when it is hard to lock on a satelite which is normal at times !
Tech told me they are hoping things will be working by end of Feb ! Anyone want to bet ?
I was going to return mine but then TT has been great with my last 4 units so I took the risk ! It really is a great device for $300.

I am certainly annoyed by the unit really noy working as advertied ! No traffic, no maps and several features non existent for over 2 months ! Not good public relations !

Route Planning

I've come across a rather strange issue. I live in Portland, Oregon and when I use my GO 2505's default Fastest Route planning option with IQ Routes turned on the unit only uses posted speed limits to calculate routes. I have to use the Eco route planning option with the IQ Routes turned on for the unit to take into account actual historical traffic speeds for side streets that are not a highway. It would be nice if TomTom could do a better job at explaining the different planning options.

There is an update being released over this week to various app 10.x models around the world.

Did you install the software update yet (app 10.110)? According to some discussions in European forums, not all devices have the software yet.

If you installed the update, is "fastest" still broken?

Checked this AM and no update for my 2505. Cleared cache and all. Must be releasing in stages as suggested?

The app is being rolled out in stages by model. Only the 1000 users in the UK and Europe have gotten it so far, apparently.

I have had updates on 3 different occasions .1this AM which was without my 2505TM connected so I assume it was an app update ! A couple days ago had 3 or 4 updates that were downloaded onto my unit . Over aweek ago had a update down load onto my unit !
Have no idea what they were. The only thing I noticed is a POI download function !

I still do not believe traffic is working yet. I There was a major road closure for over half a day and no detection by my 2504TM.

I am disappointed that I can't put in more than 1 way point and can't down load POIS like I could on my 920. The home2 was so easy to use and I find this frustrating !

Does anyone know what the down loads were here in the Toronto area ??

Some of this "updating" activity might actually be uploads back to the TT servers rather than downloads.

Not clear about some of what you were saying in your post.

You do SEE in MyTomTom a row item for shared pois? If so, then you can upload them to your unit just as you uploaded custom pois to your previous unit.

Mind you, it's a tedious job to do so in that you can only ul one file at a time. No batch uploads.

Regarding traffic...............

That's a function of the rds-tmc traffic/car charger for your unit.

Remeber, rds-tmc traffic info is not as accurate or current as LIVE traffic (which we don't have in Canada, anyway).

I would say that the traffic is useless if you can't get info for a major HWY shutdown that occurred a few hours prior !7
The POI line is there and I understand you have to set up a POI Category to put the POI in ! This is not what I need or want in a GPS. I drive a diesel and before I down loaded all diesel locations ! The way I see it is I have to pre locate diesel stations before I take a trip off HWYs
The lack of multiple way points is another sore spot ! My 920 you listed your spots by address and it automatically went to the next location in order ! A tech recommended pit them in as favorites but that means I have to stop and reroute to the next spot with clients in my car. Not going to happen !.
I love many things about the 2505TM but it falls way short so far of what I need !
I should have just returned it when I could ! I will replace it in a couple months if nothing convinces me otherqise ! I work with over 100 people who come to get advice and for the 1st time I can't recommend TT !

Check your email, Charlie! :)

Itineraries are supposed to be included in application updates by the end of Q2, 2011, so TT says ..........:rolleyes:

Thanks again dhn. I installed it !
It seems to have Ontario sites only ?
Is there a place I can get other ov2 files ?

Rgards

Last edited:

Ask a Question