2001 Grand prix

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
Nothing fancy just a mount from the mountguys and put it right below the mirror. It is in easy site all the time and easy to remove at stores and home. The problem with the GP is a long big slope window and a almost total curved dash and if I mount on dash it get in the sight line for tight turns as the hood is not visable at all from the drivers seat so you really need to see all around the dash edge . I like to sit a little low in the car also not leaned all the way back but sit down in the seat not on top of the seat so my head is against the roof, I like the feeling of being in a sports car where your are down in the car not on a plush high ride seat. The GP buckets let you sit back and down in them back in 2001 with nice side support for a stock seat.

Anyway here is where mine is for now till I deside to try to get the mount in front of my gauge cluster on the right where the car simbol is but I think I will not like it as I would have to look away and down to the right of wheel to see it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/racefan2/general620.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/racefan2/general626.jpg

Last edited:
for me, it looks like it would be in the way. i tried mine under the mirror and hated it. but i don't really have the option to sit low. i'm 6'2", so low isn't really a possible seating position for me

I am only 5'11 so my face is right above the steering wheel so I just have to glance over and it is right there pointing directly at me in easy view.

Very easy to get in and out of the car.

The view in photo 1 is exactly where my head is and the same view as I have looking out the window. The wheel is tilted up in photo only.

Last edited:

Ask a Question