2 Part Question about maps and favorites

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
Hey All,

I've looked thru the threads and haven't seen what I'm looking for. My question has two parts...First what or where are your Favorites saved? I know it's in the map area cause I had to delete my map folder to download a newer version and lost ALL of my favorites (lesson for backing up my tomtom - LOL) Secondly, is the NA map for my 3rd edition the same as for an One LE? Reason I'm asking is so I can put maps on my wife's TOMTOM since she let her guarantee lapse while I was gone..... Want to try and put mine on hers as well but don't want to mess hers up or lose her favorites. Thanks

Starbiker

Hey All,

I've looked thru the threads and haven't seen what I'm looking for. My question has two parts...First what or where are your Favorites saved? I know it's in the map area cause I had to delete my map folder to download a newer version and lost ALL of my favorites (lesson for backing up my tomtom - LOL) Secondly, is the NA map for my 3rd edition the same as for an One LE? Reason I'm asking is so I can put maps on my wife's TOMTOM since she let her guarantee lapse while I was gone..... Want to try and put mine on hers as well but don't want to mess hers up or lose her favorites. Thanks

Starbiker

Hi,

Part one answer in you map folder there is a file MapSettings.cfg this is where you favorites etc are stored. If you upgrade your map just copy the MapSettings.cfg from your backup to the new folder.

Cheers

I don't think you can copy your NA map to her TomTom because it would ask for an activation code or maybe just say "no map found" because not activated for that device. The same map would work on either version of the One though, I would think.

Hi,

Part one answer in you map folder there is a file MapSettings.cfg this is where you favorites etc are stored. If you upgrade your map just copy the MapSettings.cfg from your backup to the new folder.

Cheers

I'm so glad to have found this thread. I thought my favorites were lost and I'd have to do them all over again. Thanks for the tip!

Ask a Question