2 gig card help

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM ONE
I was wondering if it is possible to but a 2 gig card into my TT1. I have read some have accomplished this and others havnt, can someone please tell me how to try to do this as the original card just doesnt seem to be big enough:eek:

Yes, it works. What I did (upon PS for TT's recommendation) was put the empty 2g card into my TT ONE and connect it to HOME. With the new map DVD in the drive, I installed the app from the DVD and then North America map, along with voice files.

If you just want to use a 2g card for what you already have, you should be able to just copy over from your 1g card to the 2g card using a card reader.

thx

OK i hopefully will get the map in the mail soon or i might just have to go out and get a card reader if i cant wait that long thx for the help :cool:

You could also put the empty 2g card into your ONE and start HOME and do a restore to the 2g card. This doesn't require a card reader. :)

OK i hopefully will get the map in the mail soon or i might just have to go out and get a card reader if i cant wait that long thx for the help :cool:
I haven't gotten mine yet either. Must be a Canadian thing. Any other Canadian users received theirs yet?

I'm also experiencing the same issue as you. I only have 5xxkb left! This is with the new v6.56 and MobilNova and 2 short 2mb video files.

For some reason, the GPS QuickFix takes up 500kb? or more? I used to have 1.9MB left. Add 0.2MB for the new app so that's 1.7MB... so I've mysteriously lost 1.1MB.

Well i do believe i have installed the 2 gig card and all is well i did what i was told put in a blank 2 gig card and did a restore and boom there i have alot more memory on my TT1 thx for the help i still have the original card which i aint gonna do anything with yet just in case it is a fall back but i dont believe i have to worry :cool:

I geuss i will have room now to put a UK map on TT1 without removing the map i have on there now so i can flip back and fourth when i travel to the UK

I put my original card up for safekeeping, to fall back on if something bad happens... :)

Nextourer, I had some craziness happen when I first attempted a 2g card. For some strange reason, my ONE kept thinking it was still only a 1g card with only a limited amount of space left. I finally got it working when I installed the new app from the DVD on a blank 2g card.

Ask a Question