"09" New York trip ?

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
The wife and I will be visiting New York in July of 2009 and staying at The Village Of The Turning Stone RV Resort near the Adirondacks with our Harley's. I am looking for a Itinerary for some scenic routes to load into my GO730. If anybody has any favorites that wouldn't mind sharing, it would be greatly appreciated.

The wife and I will be visiting New York in July of 2009 and staying at The Village Of The Turning Stone RV Resort near the Adirondacks with our Harley's. I am looking for a Itinerary for some scenic routes to load into my GO730. If anybody has any favorites that wouldn't mind sharing, it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know where you will be traveling FROM, but my wife and I drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive (Carolinas, Virginia and West Virginia) in 2006 - gorgeous. We also got up into the finger lakes area of New York State and that is beautiful too.

Thanks for the info. about the Finger Lakes area. The scenic ride routes that I'm asking for are for that area of New York ( 200 mi. radius of Verona, Ny ). We are staying for a week and would like to have some nice rides planed ahead of time.

Thanks for the info. about the Finger Lakes area. The scenic ride routes that I'm asking for are for that area of New York ( 200 mi. radius of Verona, Ny ). We are staying for a week and would like to have some nice rides planed ahead of time.

You won't be that far from Niagara Falls, which is quite spectacular, and there is an amazing butterfly conservatory on the Canadian side of the border.

Via Lake Placid
Pity you are not making it over June 1 - 6. The Americade is a real event!

As tukatz said, The Finger Lakes with Watkins Glenn is good for riding too.
If you are partial to Riesling wine you won't find any better unless you visit with family along the Mosel in Germany.

Also go back to your first post, click on Edit and see if you can ad Need riding advice to your thread. The majority of motorcyclist will look in the forum Rider.

Good luck.

Osceola

If you'd like to get to the Adirondacks from Verona, I recommend that you find a route that goes through Osceola, NY. I grew up there and can tell you that the roads around there are truly amazing for riding. Stop by the "World Famous Osceola Hotel" and enjoy a cold beverage. I hope to get out there with my Harley soon, but it's 1700 miles from my new home in central Texas.

Ask a Question