How to upgrade a ONE to a 2gb card for North America maps

jimbo, this may already have been answered, but if I have everything copied to the sd card...can/should I remove the identical files from the internal memory. In other words, should I delete the NA map file from internal if it is already on the sd card? ps...I moved the NA map over to install the bigger poi files. TIA.

In other words, should I delete the NA map file from internal if it is already on the sd card? ps...I moved the NA map over to install the bigger poi files. TIA.

NO LEAVE EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNAL MEMORY!!!!

can/should I remove the identical files from the internal memory. In other words, should I delete the NA map file from internal if it is already on the sd card?

No. Just leave the internal memory alone. It is completely bypassed when you insert the card. But if your SD card ever screws up, remove it and you'll have the internal memory as your backup.

Thanks guys. I removed the maps from the internal and it worked fine....I do see the point of keeping a backup installed though. I will reload it.

I'll normally remove the SD card when I'm updating my device just to ensure that it's updated as well.

I'll normally remove the SD card when I'm updating my device just to ensure that it's updated as well.

It seems like my TT ONE XL updates, just about everytime I connect it to my computer, so does that mean I should take out card, connect it, then disconnect, put card in and reconnect? Not sure of the flow here.

Thanks,
Rick

I purchased a new tt1 xl to replace a go 510 that i had been having loads of problems with. my new tt1 xl does not had a sd card, everything is loaded internally. the tt1 xl does have a slot of a sd card. can i copy all the internal information onto a sd card?

I purchased a new tt1 xl to replace a go 510 that i had been having loads of problems with. my new tt1 xl does not had a sd card, everything is loaded internally. the tt1 xl does have a slot of a sd card. can i copy all the internal information onto a sd card?

Yes, you can.

"Up to date" with "0 MapShare corrections in use"

I'm one of those who upgraded a One to a 2GB card with North America v710maps. Everything had been working great for several months, with the Home program recognizing that although I have a One, I'm entitled to MapShare updates for the NA maps actually installed on my device.

Suddenly, within the week or so, Home doesn't seem to recognize that I have NA maps, and it doesn't download any MapShare updates. (In fact, Home wants me to download & install USA & Canada 665!). Home says "Your map is up to date", and that I have "0 MapShare map corrections in use"!

My 1-year timeframe for updates hasn't expired, and I'm afraid all those MapShare udpates are no longer on my One.

Ideas? :confused:

I'm one of those who upgraded a One to a 2GB card with North America v710maps. Everything had been working great for several months, with the Home program recognizing that although I have a One, I'm entitled to MapShare updates for the NA maps actually installed on my device.

Suddenly, within the week or so, Home doesn't seem to recognize that I have NA maps, and it doesn't download any MapShare updates. (In fact, Home wants me to download & install USA & Canada 665!). Home says "Your map is up to date", and that I have "0 MapShare map corrections in use"!

My 1-year timeframe for updates hasn't expired, and I'm afraid all those MapShare udpates are no longer on my One.

Depends on the NavCore you're running I think. I don't think TomTom would give support for having a NA map on a ONE.

I think the mapshare server is still down.

Don't forget.......TT made an announcement that mapshares would be weekly, not daily, from now on .......

Ask a Question