Go 910 And Firmware V7.162

mjk

Is anybody running 7.162 on their 910? I upgraded from 6.525 to 7.160 back in November, and had all kinds of problems with my Motorola razr phone. It had a horrible Bluetooth connecion, and WOULD NOT transmit sound through my FM transmitter. At the time, the only solution was to rollback to 6.525. I see that 7.162 is now available. Does anybody know if these problems have been solved with the new firmware, or would this upgrade be another waste of time?

New firmware

I use a Go 910 with the new firmware and it works fine. I do not use bluetooth so can not answer that question. You will need the new firmware if you want the new north america map version 7.1.

I have a 910, and when I upgraded like you did to 7.160, it froze up and I had difficulties doing anything. Some of it may have been related to having an older version of Tripmaster on it at the time.

I deleted Tripmaster, and then rolled back like you did, and it worked fine. Took a chance, and tried 7.162 - worked fine also. I use Razr with bluetooth for traffic and hands-free OK.

I Installed tripmaster 1.8 and followed instructions from the website on installing it on 7.xx Applications, and it works also now.

I think you are going to be OK with 7.162 - 7.160 was apparently flawed.

I am using a 910 with the new firmware. Also have bluetooth with my sony ericson. I have no problem with the two connecting.

I use a Go 910 with the new firmware and it works fine. I do not use bluetooth so can not answer that question. You will need the new firmware if you want the new north america map version 7.1.

Darnit - do you have map version 7.1? If so, how did you acquire it?

I have a 910, and when I upgraded like you did to 7.160, it froze up and I had difficulties doing anything. Some of it may have been related to having an older version of Tripmaster on it at the time.

I deleted Tripmaster, and then rolled back like you did, and it worked fine. Took a chance, and tried 7.162 - worked fine also. I use Razr with bluetooth for traffic and hands-free OK.

I Installed tripmaster 1.8 and followed instructions from the website on installing it on 7.xx Applications, and it works also now.

I think you are going to be OK with 7.162 - 7.160 was apparently flawed.

Sounds like good news. Has anybody tried 7.162 with an FM transmitter? I'm wondering if that issue has been resolved.

I have this also. Needed to install home 2.1 and access map store through it to get NA map (1.9 gb download). From Home 1.5, it would only offer 7.10 map of US and Canada (under 1 gb).

Will quote prices in Euros, but conversion is done by credit card company.

Sounds like good news. Has anybody tried 7.162 with an FM transmitter? I'm wondering if that issue has been resolved.

Sound quality with the FM x'mitter is the same with OS v6.5x and 7.162. The only advantage is that hands-free calling audio gets channeled thru the line-out. So, if you have one and your car's HU has an Aux In, use it instead of the standard car dock. Refer to my post "Temporary solution" via this link https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=5210&page=2

Last edited:
Not Fixed Yet!

So I went ahead and upgraded to 7.162. I went out to my car and tried my FM transmitter. Same as with 7.160! I can play mp3's through my car stereo (sound quality is actually very good), and driving instructions come through my car speakers, but when using my cell phone, the sound automatically switches to the TomTom's internal speaker. I had cell phone audio over the car speakers with 6.525, but not with 7.162. I guess they haven't fixed it yet. I sent an e-mail to TomTom asking if they plan to fix this in the next update. I guess I'll have to keep waiting, unless anyone knows of another solution. I don't understand why they would release a so-called "upgrade" that doesn't include the same basic features of the old firmware. I just assumed that an upgrade would be an improvement over previous versions. I haven't decided if I'm going to downgrade back to 6.525 yet, because I'm thinking about buying the new maps.

I hope they get you an answer shortly. They seem to be backlogged. Be sure and let us know what they suggest in case others are dealing with this issue.

I hope they get you an answer shortly. They seem to be backlogged. Be sure and let us know what they suggest in case others are dealing with this issue.

Will do. In the meantime, if anyone else has any suggestions for a workaround or fix, please let me know.

Is anybody running 7.162 on their 910? I upgraded from 6.525 to 7.160 back in November, and had all kinds of problems with my Motorola razr phone. It had a horrible Bluetooth connecion, and WOULD NOT transmit sound through my FM transmitter. At the time, the only solution was to rollback to 6.525. I see that 7.162 is now available. Does anybody know if these problems have been solved with the new firmware, or would this upgrade be another waste of time?

I would not bother updating as the blue tooth audio is still bad with 7.162. I have tried and can tell you it is no better that 7.160 for blue tooth. Stick with 6.525.

I have a 910 with v7.162 and v7.10 maps. My bluetooth and sound is fine. I don't have a FM transmiter.

If you are comfortable doing it, you might want to try wipping everything out and reloading you software and maps from scratch. I won't get into the details on how to do that, you can read other post to see how.

BUT, Be sure to do a 100% backup in windows explorer before attempting!!! You will need your maps and computer voices, you can't get them thru home.

Your 910 has gone thru several upgrades. Seems like that always causes problems. Especialy when you already have a bluetooth connection estabilished. Like upgrading computer software, its usually best to do a clean install.

I have always done a clean install when I upgrade and have avoided many problems i have read conserning bluetooth problems.

Randy R.

I have a 910 with v7.162 and v7.10 maps. My bluetooth and sound is fine. I don't have a FM transmiter.

If you are comfortable doing it, you might want to try wipping everything out and reloading you software and maps from scratch. I won't get into the details on how to do that, you can read other post to see how.

BUT, Be sure to do a 100% backup in windows explorer before attempting!!! You will need your maps and computer voices, you can't get them thru home.

Your 910 has gone thru several upgrades. Seems like that always causes problems. Especialy when you already have a bluetooth connection estabilished. Like upgrading computer software, its usually best to do a clean install.

I have always done a clean install when I upgrade and have avoided many problems i have read conserning bluetooth problems.

Randy R.

I agree as far as the install. I always reformat the TomTom's hardrive and start over. I just haven't decided if I want to do this again, because I might buy the new maps. Although I did try to place a phone call using my Bluetooth connection with 7.162, and the person I called told me the sound quality was horrible, so I will probably end up reformatting and going back to 6.525. I really wish TomTom would get things straight. The 910 seems to have so much potential, but with the release of the 920, I'm afraid us 910 owners may end up out in the cold.

North America Map v7.10.1609

I had to call to get this map. If you view website from other EU country you will see the map but you will not be able to buy. You have to call. You may be able to buy it with HOME now, not sure.

Tomtom's Reply

Finally received an e-mail response from TomTom last night:

"At this time our programming no longer projects hands-free calls through the FM transmitter. We apologize for any frustration this may cause. Expanding our programming to meet the needs of our customers is very important to us. We frequently use customer feedback as an initiative to add or improve our navigational and usage features. Please rest assured that your desire for the return of this feature will be forwarded to our prduct development team for review."

I guess now all I can do is wait. If anyone else has this issue, feel free to bombard TomTom with comments. Maybe it will help. For the record, I'm rolling back to v6.525 again. This is really getting frustrating.

Finally received an e-mail response from TomTom last night:

"At this time our programming no longer projects hands-free calls through the FM transmitter. We apologize for any frustration this may cause. Expanding our programming to meet the needs of our customers is very important to us. We frequently use customer feedback as an initiative to add or improve our navigational and usage features. Please rest assured that your desire for the return of this feature will be forwarded to our prduct development team for review."

I guess now all I can do is wait. If anyone else has this issue, feel free to bombard TomTom with comments. Maybe it will help. For the record, I'm rolling back to v6.525 again. This is really getting frustrating.

What a bunch of B.S. - Look at the product link to the FM Mount: http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessory.php?ID=305&Product=268&Category=14&Lid=4

With the TomTom FM Transmitter Mount, you can play the music on your GO through your car radio. Simply dock your GO on the Transmitter Mount, tune your GO and radio to the same unused frequency, and then sit back and enjoy your music, along with voice instructions and hands-free calling, all via the car audio system.

So, they are basically taking away features they promised :mad:

Ugh, this has me mad now - I just fired this off to TomTom

Why has hands free calling stopped working over FM transmitter on Ver 7.162? I understand that this feature is no longer supported?

Then why on your own product page for the FM mount http://www.tomtom.com/products/accessories/accessory.php?ID=305&Product=268&Category=14&Lid=4
is it listed a supported feature?

Quote "With the TomTom FM Transmitter Mount, you can play the music on your GO through your car radio. Simply dock your GO on the Transmitter Mount, tune your GO and radio to the same unused frequency, and then sit back and enjoy your music, along with voice instructions and hands-free calling, all via the car audio system"

When will this be fixed? If not, how do I get my money back for the Transmitter mount?

rant2.gif

Last edited:

Ask a Question