Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

Samsung Impression (SGH-A877) w/GO720

Samsung Impression does handsfree and phonebook without a problem. I have not been able to get it to tether for data. None of the phone prepackages for Samsung or AT&T seem to work, and manually setting to the below settings doesn't seen to do it either:

Phone: Samsung Impression (SGH-A877)
GPS: GO 720
Plan: AT&T unlimited data (Media Net)
Access Name: wap.cingular
Username: (e-mail address removed)
Password: CINGULAR1
Dial: *99#
IP: Automatic
DNS: Automatic

Klebs

Last edited:
Motorola V750 does hands-free fine, but the names in the phonebook are coming across in hex-ascii instead of ascii, so it's pretty much unreadable unless you're used to staring at hex and know what characters it all represents.

HTC Tilt 2 on AT&T works great for all phone features except for data link. But that seems to be because AT&T is blocking tethering unless you subscribe to it.

I would have a closer look at the Bluetooth capability of your phone, if its not got the DUN profile loaded then it will be this thats causing the lack of a data connection - Mike

Lose pairing 720

From time to time I lose the pairing with both a Samsung & Sanyo

Shows how important it is to create a back up file as re-pairing has always been a pain as the phones are paired fro data only not wireless phone operation Have to try many times before right things happen . I replaced the current file with file saved & was back in business. Note warnings to not use HOME for back up Make from computer while connected using Wndows Explorer. Some say Home does not always save all files needed

My LG 380 works with Bluetooth to the GO630 model.. no problems.. Still working with how to get the volume up when I am talking/listening.., and how to tap the screen to recall the last number .. or what to touch to end the call.. as it does end by itself but manual tasks ...

found all ..

what is weird is sometimes If I Pickup the device with my hands, the wrong way it will phone some foreign number.

I.E. The firehall two municipalities over .. Thank goodness they had auto voice response .....

TomTom tested: Tomtom Go 2405
* Wireless carrier: Verizon Wireless
* What data plan is being used if any: Verizon Unlimited Data Plan
* Phone manufacture and model number: Blackberry 9550 (Storm2)
* Which features work:
* Handsfree - Yes
* Phonebook transfer - Yes
* SMS messaging - Not currently available
* Data transfer - Not currently available

Currently the GO 2405 doesn't support data transfer with my phone. Tomtom's website lists the Storm 9520 as being able to do data transfer with some older nonlive models. They may add it in a later navicore update but I'm not holding my breath on that one :p.

Last edited:
TomTom tested: - GO 2505TM
Wireless carrier: - Rogers Canada
What data plan is being used if any.
Phone manufacture and model number: - Blackberry Bold 9000

Which features work
Handsfree: - Yes
Phonebook transfer: - Yes (but with problems...see below)
SMS messaging : - No
Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required) : - No

Everything works as expected. The first time I connected, the phonebook transferred perfectly. However upon each subsequent pairing, I get duplicate copies of random contacts. After awhile, the list becomes ridiculously long and I have to delete the phone from the TT and start all over again. Anybody else have this happen with their device?

Last edited:
TomTom tested - Go 730
Wireless carrier - Bell Canada
What data plan is being used if any - 500MB
Phone manufacture and model number - Samsung Galaxy i7500

Which features work: :)
Handsfree
Phonebook transfer

Which dont work: :mad:
SMS messaging
Data transfer

Hi guys,
I'm a bit late finding this page but I just connected my Tom Tom and my phone by Bluetooth so here's the info I got .....

The Tom Tom device is a Go 630 Traffic with latest updates and latest maps. The phone is a Nokia Communicator 9300 on Orange PAYG
There is no data plan but that's just me.

The working features are Handsfree, Phone book and Tone keyboard.
I had the option to transfer the phone book from the phone to the Go 630 and also to set up a Wireless data connection.

Cheers,
Steve

Droid 3X

I'm guessing Droid 3X or any other Droid doesn't work?
I mean, at least the Data. Bluetooth works, phone book downloads.
I have a TT720 GO Or maybe my TT is too old! :confused:

Last edited:
Android doesn't support Bluetooth DUN, the protocol used by PLUS services on the Tomtom GO 720.

However, a 3rd party app was released called BlueDUN, that enables this protocol on Android. According to its reviews on Google Play, people say it works with Tomtom PLUS.

You may want to give it a try. According to the instructions you need to delete and re-pair the Tomtom to the phone after the app is installed.

For it to work, you may have to purchase a tethering/hotspot dataplan add-on from your cellphone carrier.

Tested with an ATT Iphone 4s on my 2505 TM. Making and recieving calls works fine. Unit says it downloads my phonebook, but it is not accessible from the menu. I would really like to be able to see and navigate to addresses from my phone on my 2505. Is there any hope?

hi guys I have a go 300 tried to pair it with Asamsung Galaxy note, the phone found the go 300 and the go 300 found the phone but I tried the 0000 and the 1234 the book said but it didnt work I got this go 300 of e-bay so maybe theres a different number I dont have. but now the go 300 says the bluetooth is switched off?

Help?????

:mad:
hi guys I have a go 300 tried to pair it with Asamsung Galaxy note, the phone found the go 300 and the go 300 found the phone but I tried the 0000 and the 1234 the book said but it didnt work I got this go 300 of e-bay so maybe theres a different number I dont have. but now the go 300 says the bluetooth is switched off?
icon6.gif

Hi i seem to have a problem pairing my tomtom720 to my new sony car stereo with A2DP. I read up on this site that if i purchased this sort of stereo that i could automaticaly pair the tomtom so that i could hear the navigation voice through the car speakers thus cutting the music off like it does when answering/making a call with a bt phone, but i have tried many times & the tom tom keeps showing error when i try to pair it, sometimes it will pair ,but there is no sound coming from the car speakers, i have even baught a io bluetooth reciever as i read that this would work too, but alas that wont pair either with the sony stereo, but the tomtom720 will find each gadget, but when i try to pair them it still says "Error occurred while searching for bt devices" this is very frustrating, can any-one help please.

Many Thanks

volvoman1963

Hi i seem to have a problem pairing my tomtom720 to my new sony car stereo with A2DP. I read up on this site that if i purchased this sort of stereo that i could automaticaly pair the tomtom so that i could hear the navigation voice through the car speakers thus cutting the music off like it does when answering/making a call with a bt phone,

Whether that would work depends entirely on your car radio's capability.
If your Sony is anything like mine (a Sony MEX-BT2600) then you CAN'T get navigation instructions to cut over music from the car radio or CD, you can only do it if the music is also playing from the TomTom.

You can connect a mobile phone to the car radio and get calls over the top, but the TomTom connects using an entirely different Bluetooth protocol as you say... A2DP.

And the only way to listen to the A2SP Bluetooth output of the TomTom is to switch the car radio to that as a source (Radio - CD - Bluetooth - Ext i/p - etc.).

but i have tried many times & the tom tom keeps showing error when i try to pair it, sometimes it will pair ,but there is no sound coming from the car speakers,

You might find this Bluetooth fix helps with the pairing process (but I think it only helps if the TomTom cannot find the radio at all).
Bluetooth Hifi, Possible Fix

Ask a Question