"Use Latest Map Guarantee" from Home

Same response with everyone else. They gave me the 6.75 maps and flatly refused to give me the 7.10. They told me I could buy it if I wanted it! They also told me some lie about it not being compatible with the tomtom ones.

ROFL! TomTom has got to have the worst support I have ever encountered at any major company. They are either:

A) Completely clueless, or
B) Completely dishonest

It's one or the other. I guess the whole low cost leadership approach is working for them, because it sure ain't customer service that's helped them climb the ranks of the GPS navigation industry.

Not to mention that upgrading someone to the 7.10 maps from 6.65 costs them absolutely nothing.

What a supremely dumb company. We ought to all file BBB complaints against them for false advertisement, because that's precisely what this is.

~os

luckily some german dude has opened up the 7.10 series of maps......so we can stick it to tomtom the way they stick it to us.

luckily some german dude has opened up the 7.10 series of maps......so we can stick it to tomtom the way they stick it to us.
That's the other thing. Obviously I'm 100% against piracy (I bought the 7.10 maps a few weeks ago), but don't they realize that by screwing their customers this way, they're merely encouraging them to hunt for ways to screw them back?

I just can't get over how stupid TomTom is to be able to be so successful in spite of it all. Generally bad management and vapid customer service leads to dismal failure.

I just saw lots of people saying the 710 maps were too big for the 1gb internal mem. Well I JUST got a ONE XL and I have the 710.1575 maps and they are under 900mb. I'm glad I got the newest maps on mine out of the box. Maybe for the ONE the maps are larger for some reason?

I just saw lots of people saying the 710 maps were too big for the 1gb internal mem. Well I JUST got a ONE XL and I have the 710.1575 maps and they are under 900mb. I'm glad I got the newest maps on mine out of the box. Maybe for the ONE the maps are larger for some reason?

I don't know who's saying that.

I have the same thing on my ONE 3rd Ed.

The version 710.1575 US/Canada maps are under 900 MB.

FYI - There are two different map sets out there.

1. North America
2. US/Canada

Ahh... I have the USA_and_Canada maps. Maybe its the full North America map that is larger. Still sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

The NA map has more POIs and more detial the US_Canada maps are scaled down to fit a 1gb memory............

Steve

We are only taking what we were led to believe (and still believe) is rightfully ours.

I dont care how the new maps get to my gps... if little gnomes install it in the night I am happy... but this sucks.

I got the one and a coworker for the one xl... he has the new maps i have 675... not a fan because there are streets on it that effect me!

I just bought a TomTom One LE from Best Buy and I'm thinking about just taking it back because HOME doesn't show any new map updates, and my ONE has the 665 maps, and the POI database is out dated by at least two years. Has anyone had luck getting the 710 US and Canada maps?

Edit:

I just called TomTom tech support and was on the line for around 20 minutes or so. The CSR told me the new maps would be available for download. I'm going to check during my lunch break to see which "new" version they gave me.

Last edited:
I was really disappointed by the ONE, especially because the maps were lacking a lot of detail that the Garmin units have for my area. So, the One went back to Best Buy, after taking a $30 hit for open box return. Picked up a Nuvi 200W.

What I'm totally confused about is if there is a difference between the maps that came on my one XL S, or if there is some difference if I were to download certain US regional maps?

Hi, I am new GPS user with the help from the people in this forum I get the SD card working, but I still did not get the latest map update yet (old map 665). I call them 2 day ago they get me to fax the proof of purchase to them and they will send me the new map, I try twice a day till now still no luck.
(Gps was a christmas present) .

Update

I call Tomtom again today, She said she(different rep, very nice one) did not recives my fax. She guide me to scan and submit to her through Tomtom web site while I am talking to her on the phone, she got it right away and she put the new map V710 to my account.

By the way her name is LIZ.

THanks.

No problems here

This thread made me nervous about keeping my brand new ONE 2nd Edition but with encouragement from Pedro in a different thread I opened the box and hooked it up.

I called the Support 866 number and after waiting on hold spoke with a nice lady, she acknowledge that my Map 665 was old and that 710 was current and set about hooking me up with it. After a while on hold (she told me she was holding for a different internal department at the same time) she said they needed my receipt.

I snapped some digital photos, uploaded them to my TomTom support ticket, and called back. Got a different nice lady who had me repeat some of the info, give my serial number again, and after viewing my uploaded receipts put me on hold. It didn't take as long this time and she was back. The new maps were added to my account and she walked me throw clearing out the old maps and files.

Thirty minutes later I'm at USA_and_Canada map version 710.1575.

It went much smoother than I was fearing and other than the hassle of having to shoot and upload my receipt it wasn't bad at all. The two different people I spoke to were both friendly and helpful.

Ask a Question