TT Menu Designer Beta 1.8

Custom your menu with this Program

Cool -- that should make it a lot easier for people who don't want to do it manually via Notepad! ;) Seems to also confirm what we already discussed about some of the v6 menu options not being available. They actually added a few unavailable options to our rather short list.

Just to share, here's what I have on my list.

MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE1|Pedro's Main Page 1|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_AVOID_ROUTE_LINE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PHONE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_2D3D|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Pedro's Main Page 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIRM_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_BRIGHTNESS|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3|Pedro's Main Page 3|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_TRAFFIC|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE1|
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_PREF|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|Pedro's Preferences Page 1|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_CRADLE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE5|Pedro's Preferences Page 2|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOICE|
MENUITEM|TASK_CHANGE_HOME_LOCATION|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE6|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE6|Pedro's Preferences Page 3|
MENUITEM|TASK_DIAL_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_KEYBOARD_SIZE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_CLOCK_TYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COLOR_SCHEMES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_NAME_DISPLAY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE7|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE7|Pedro's Preferences Page 4|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_BLUETOOTH|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_DIST_UNITS|
MENUITEM|TASK_LEFTHANDED|
MENUITEM|TASK_JUKEBOX|
MENUITEM|TASK_IMAGE_BROWSER|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|

Still a newbie here.... After I create the TomTom.mnu file.... where do I put it? I figured in the root but that didn't work. Do I need to rest for it to take effect? Also will the TripMaster Icon show up on My ONE in TomTom HOME?

create a folder called SdkRegistry. This folder is case sensitive. copy and paste the .mnu file in that folder.

The tripmaster icon should be seen using Virtual TomTom. It's default placed in Main Menu page 4 of 4.

I can see the icon no problem. Just can't seem to get TripMaster to come up when connected to the laptop. Should it?

If I create a custom menu file, and I want to revert my menus back to the TomTom defaults without restoring a previous backup or putting the whole unit back to factory defaults, is it as simple as removing the tomtom.mnu file?

Yes, just remove it from your sdkregistry folder and you'll go back to your original default menu.

If I create a custom menu file, and I want to revert my menus back to the TomTom defaults without restoring a previous backup or putting the whole unit back to factory defaults, is it as simple as removing the tomtom.mnu file?
Better just to rename it than delete it... incase you want it back...

Great point, battom. When I want to revert back, I just drag it out of that folder, but save it on my computer for when I'm ready to put it back in.

but if you don't take your PC/MAC with you when you want to have it back... you can't. If you just rename and are at another PC with an SDcard reader at least you can pop it out and rename the mnu file... ;)

but if you don't take your PC/MAC with you when you want to have it back... you can't. If you just rename and are at another PC with an SDcard reader at least you can pop it out and rename the mnu file... ;)

Maybe some smart programmer, can make one SDK app that will rename automatically with a button push...It would be nice if it could just put back normal windows, no need to put custom back with button push...but if program is possible then , it would be even better...

Possibly a good idea... but if you're on the road with no PC access and you inadvertantly push that button, your custom menu and all your custom apps are inaccessible until a time you can re-enable the tomtom.mnu file.

Maybe a sort of "hot key" command? (touch 2 parts of the screen together or one right after the other to re-enable?) Maybe that's askign way too much? But I'm not that programmer that could do this...

I would think that TT Explorer might be used to rename the file. It won't be a one-step process of course but it obviates the need to be lugging around a laptop just for toggling between the custom and default menus. I would certainly not recommend manipulating files while driving. ;)

Ask a Question