Not a showoff...yet...2005.5 VW Jetta suggestions...

Ok Fellas! Here is the install today....needed 2 screws to attach diamond plate to the Proclip. Love the way it is!!!! Here are some pics....

TomTom1.jpg

TomTom2.jpg

TomTom3.jpg

TomTom4.jpg

Edited to show the folded down mount!

So....I am pretty happy with this and it keeps it right within my range and I don't have to lean forward whatsoever! Installation was a breeze with the Proclip mount and with the step by step Pedro2nr put on here!!!!

What do you think???????

Nice Mike!
Did you put modify the original mount too?
Was attaching the proclip to your car difficult?

I did take apart the original window mount so that I could use it to power the TT while in the "New" mount.

Attaching the Proclip to the Jetta Vent couldn't have been any easier...just a little snap in and its good to go! It is EASILY removed as well...no damage to the vent or the dash whatsoever...they did a top-notch job with this and it was WELL worth the $30 for the proclip mount!

A little dub love for the cool mount. I like it. I will be taking pictures of my TT1v2 in my 06 VW TDI NB shortly. I just got my Ram Mount in.

Your info shows you to be in Texas/NM. Are you located in the Texas Panhandle (Amarillo) area or down around El Paso?

Parts?

That looks great! Can you list the exact parts you ordered and from where? I can't seem to find the same pieces on the ProClip and RAM web sites. Also, do you know if that same ProClip works with MKIV VW vents?

Don't bother. I found Pedro's post listing what he ordered and then I was able to find the MKIV vent clip. It looks like for a MKIV VW it will have to be mounted over the passenger side vent or else will be too close to the steering wheel since the vents are lower than the MKV ones.

Ask a Question