Some bad news, for sure...

One can only hope that future versions of TomTom firmware will include the features these neat programs give us. I vote that TomTom put Roussillat on the payroll!

Sometimes, I just don't understand companies. Honestly, do they hate 3rd party softwares so much that they must ban it outright (and let's be honest, this is a nice way to doing it). Now, if they were providing the features themselves, then fine but what are the chances of that happening? (for free no less)

As the thread says TomTom is getting too big an ego with sales booming, and like other companies who have disappeared from existance, ignoring their customer base. Between their misrepresenation on the so called new maps and their change in corporate mentality, the company may be short lived in the U.S. where there is plenty of GPS competition.

I made that post on yourNav. It is a shame that TomTom will discontinue the SDK. I use Tripmaster each day, and I will be really mad if I have to stop using it because of a TomTom upgrade. Maybe I have to stay at the current version for as long as possible to be able to continue using Tripmaster.
Both on yourNav and in the Norwegian TomTom forum, people encourage everybody to write TomTom and express their meaning about this stupid decision!

Does this mean that TripMaster and Altitude will not work on my GO300 when I upload the next program update or does it mean that these add-on programs will not work on the future TomTom products?

I made that post on yourNav. It is a shame that TomTom will discontinue the SDK. I use Tripmaster each day, and I will be really mad if I have to stop using it because of a TomTom upgrade. Maybe I have to stay at the current version for as long as possible to be able to continue using Tripmaster.
Both on yourNav and in the Norwegian TomTom forum, people encourage everybody to write TomTom and express their meaning about this stupid decision!

DONE! Emailed them. I hope they listen to the dislike from the customers for the decision.

Does this mean that TripMaster and Altitude will not work on my GO300 when I upload the next program update or does it mean that these add-on programs will not work on the future TomTom products?

It's most likely in both situations.

The TT update to the software may break the function of 3rd party software and without knowing what specificaly changed the devloper would not know how to fix it.

Not necessarily the next software update, but for sure the next major software update.
It's best to keep a backup in case Tripmaster stops working when you do a software update.

what the.... half the reason for me choosing TomTom was it was TWEAKable...

sigh... so, Sell and market a unit that is "Better" than the competition, get millions of people to buy it, love it, recommend it.... then CHANGE it?!?!?!

wasn't there a huge Internet company that did this back in 1999/2000? (I used to work there) They were HUGE.... what was their name? must be part of that big DOT BOMB...

Anyone? Anyone....

....didn't think so.

Is this what we TomTomers have to look forward to? out AWESOME PNDs becoming unsupported relics so quickly?

....My ONE is not even FOUR MONTHS OLD!!!!

Just when I got comfortable with third party software and TT is going to block me? That stinks!!
Filed my complaint with TT and told them TT could go the way of the Edsel. Dawned on me most people have no idea what that is!;)

Just when I got comfortable with third party software and TT is going to block me? That stinks!!
Filed my complaint with TT and told them TT could go the way of the Edsel. Dawned on me most people have no idea what that is!;)

Yeah, I had to search to find out what you ment :)

The Edsel was a make of automobile manufactured by the Ford Motor Company during the 1958, 1959, and 1960 model years. The car brand is best known as one of the most spectacular failures in the history of the United States automobile industry.

Does this mean that TripMaster and Altitude will not work on my GO300 when I upload the next program update

Certainly, it does. Each time a new major version was delivered, the corresponding SDK version was delivered.

or does it mean that these add-on programs will not work on the future TomTom products?

Certainly. When v6.5x was issued, my plugins, compiled with v6.1 SDK didn't work anymore.

Ask a Question