Dumps

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
Dump sites for RV.
Moderators: Please move to where deemed appropriate.

Attachments

• Dump.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 504
Question

Thanks again for the POI. I wanted to look at the file, so I tried to open it up in notepad. I guess I figured that the *.ov2 extension was something that TomTom wanted, but the file itself would be in a text format. That didn't work.

After a little seaching, there appears to be programs that would convert a *.ov2 file to a *.acs (text file). If you guys use a program to convert back and forth, what do you use?

This free program is nice too.

http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/poiconverter.html

Hi Boobaloolie, with the TruckStop , I don't think you will miss the 'Search for Exits'. I'm working to improve it (using the Truck Stop Directory guide), tell me which states you're interested in. For the moment it contained data from DiscoveryOwners, plus a few of mine from North Eastern states (NY, NH, VT, ME).

Last edited:
If I were them....

I've been thinking about the POI lately and if I owned one of the major chains i.e. Taco Bell, McDonalds, etc. and with the popularity of GPS, I would make sure that on my web HOME page to include current Poi?s in any style format needed. Just another way to help bring in business and provide a convenience for their customers.:D

I guess there must be some difficulties doing this, because I have yet to see it.

I've been thinking about the POI lately and if I owned one of the major chains i.e. Taco Bell, McDonalds, etc. and with the popularity of GPS, I would make sure that on my web HOME page to include current Poi?s in any style format needed. Just another way to help bring in business and provide a convenience for their customers.:D

I guess there must be some difficulties doing this, because I have yet to see it.

Yeah that would be great. I came across two sites where the store's gave there GPS locations. It would make creating POI's much easier.

dumps install

I pasted under north america and can not bring up the pois. Also there is only an ov2 file. According to the stickey on custom pois isn't there supposed to be a bmp extension also? Any assistance appreciated. I have just discovered the joys of modifying my tomtom. I got all the tripmaster mods on and working just can not seem to get the pois.

Ask a Question