Jpg Or Bmp Displaying Program For One V2.0?

TomTom Model(s)
One v2
Anyone know if anyone has written or is working on a Third party program for Showing either .jpg's or Bmp's either in a slideshow or on their own?

I have searched various places to try and find one,but have no luck so far..

Its one program that I would have thought someone would have already written or be easy to write,as we already know the One is capable of displaying custom bmp inages...

Would be interesting to hear what others think?

LOL my bad.
I was just using Virtual TomTom and it had the photo gallery icon on there but it wasn't highlighted. So I figured the ONE had to be disconnected to use it. It disconnected the ONE and no photo gallery option.

Anyone know if anyone has written or is working on a Third party program for Showing either .jpg's or Bmp's either in a slideshow or on their own?
Maybe I've found something for you. It's a french site (no, it's not Roussillat) but very interesting as well. Look for diaporama, I believe that's exactly what you are looking for. There are also some other "items". Don't ask me how to install them; as far as I remember it's in the same way as with the programs of Roussillat.
Oskar

Wow!! many thanks for pointing me to this site Oskar , the apps look great,even a embedded video/photo/Mp3 player..

Bad news is that I cant seem to get his file browser 1.1 woring , the instruction are in French , and despite my use of Babefish and google translate i cant workout how to use it..

would be VERY grateful if any French speaking mambers could help me out here..

thanks in advance...

Maybe I've found something for you.

Wow!! many thanks for pointing me to this site Oskar , the apps look great,even a embedded video/photo/Mp3 player..

Bad news is that I cant seem to get his file browser 1.1 woring , the instruction are in French , and despite my use of Babefish and google translate i cant workout how to use it..

would be VERY grateful if any French speaking mambers could help me out here..

thanks in advance...
For filebrowser

1. Connect your TT to the computer
2. Unzip the files into the root directory of your TT
3. See the forum for more information on configuration
4. Add the following line to the Launcher (before the last line)
Filebrowser /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/fbrowser.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/fbrowser

5. It is strongly recommended that you backup your data before use

For filebrowser

1. Connect your TT to the computer
2. Unzip the files into the root directory of your TT
3. See the forum for more information on configuration
Filebrowser /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/fbrowser.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/fbrowser

5. It is strongly recommended that you backup your data before use
omg, that site is awesome! I just d/led Minesweeper lol.

This bit is the PROBLEM , as it does not say which file is "the launcher" , any ideas anyone???
Would dearly love to get this working as it appears this thing will play/display jpg,mp3,mpeg video and even avi! , if it works this is one amazing program for our tomtoms..

This bit is the PROBLEM , as it does not say which file is "the launcher" , any ideas anyone???
Would dearly love to get this working as it appears this thing will play/display jpg,mp3,mpeg video and even avi! , if it works this is one amazing program for our tomtoms..

I am not sure if the "launcher" for mp3 is the OpenTom MP3 player, but the example picture on the website shows "Current Path: /mnt/sdcard/opentom/media". If true, I am afraid the mp3 player does not support tomtom v2 very well (works fine on others). In my case, it freeze at the splash screen. If you google opentom mp3 player, you can find some useful information.

I haven't try this app yet. Maybe it just call the mplayer which is also available on the web site. Will try it tonight!

Last edited:
Thanks to you guys here for trying to help , one of the guys at the pocketheaven forum fixed it for em this is the answer,where you add the line for filebrowser.

"Sd card/catapps
open the file "launcher.config" (with wordpad)
add the line
Filebrowser /mnt/sdcard/catapps/images/fbrowser.gif /mnt/sdcard/catapps/filebrowser

Then you run NanoX To access the file browser , I myself cannet get the mp3's to play on my One v 2.0 , but that may be something todo with the way they are encoded , ie variable/fixed..

But you can use the browser to display pics..

Nice app...

I just tried mplayer on that site. It works, en.. Before you try it, you'd better add the following line to mplayer.conf Otherwise, the speaker is too loud.:p

aop=list=volume:volume=50

After you add this line, you can play mp3 or other video files, just change the clip.mpg with your file name in mplayer.cap

AppName|mplayer -include /mnt/sdcard/catapps/mplayer.conf /mnt/sdcard/catapps/myFile.mp3|

Wow, the NanoX app is pretty cool.

Has anyone tried the diaporama program?

Yes , I tried that one 1st , its a nice slide show program , only drawback is that you cant seem to "stop" the slideshow at a particular point so you can see any given picture for a little longer , but it does work otherwise.. Well worth looking at...

As said before , its a good site with some really nice apps on it - a great find by Oskar..

It was said in our german forum that you have to install a launcher first. This launcher is/should be Nano X on the same site. But there are no other comments concerning the software of this author on our webpage and it seems that there's no one of us who tested anything of it yet either. But I have a tip for you: Get in touch with roussillat (as far as I know he is a member here as well) and ask him how it's done. He speaks english very well, so no problems with that at least.
Oskar

Ask a Question