TomTom GPS Mount no longer reliable...

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
Recently, My TomTom supplied window mount no longer reliably adheres to my window.

Without warning, the unit can come crashing down. Not exactly safe OR nice on the unit.

Still under warranty, called TT and new mount on the way.

Tried:

thoroughly cleaning windshield

thoroughly cleaning suction cup

all kinds of other stuff.

Any ideas, or recommendations on non-TT mounts for the windshield??

Gps Holder

Try looking into one of these, I understand they hold to the window much better than TomTom.

http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_one_mount.php

I use the weighted pad solution that sits on the dash. I kind of like the fact it is quick to remove and put in the trunk of the car without having to remove the device, I simply remove it from the trunk and put it on the dash and connect the plug to the lighter. It has never moved from where I place it. No vibrations or anything.

Try looking into one of these, I understand they hold to the window much better than TomTom.

http://www.arkon.com/tomtom_one_mount.php

I use the weighted pad solution that sits on the dash. I kind of like the fact it is quick to remove and put in the trunk of the car without having to remove the device, I simply remove it from the trunk and put it on the dash and connect the plug to the lighter. It has never moved from where I place it. No vibrations or anything.

Yeah... I am already realizing that I will be coming up with an alternative solution. I like the weighted one.

Wow, these Arkon products look pretty stout. Too bad ya can't see bigger pics. Look like their boiler plate solid.

Thank you for the reply.

for myself i order the Arkon TT115 unit .. i didn't love the flimsyness of the supply windshield mount of the TT

That's the one I ordered... TT115 .

How do you like it????? Pretty robust and versatile?

It sure looked that way --- that's why I thought I'd give it a try.

Here is another mount worth looking at ,I haven't tried it but it looks interesting.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Flex-Mount-for-T...meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohostingT
It does look interesting but, before traveling in the UK I was warned on one of their fora that when parked not to leave the windshield mount attached. Also, to wipe the window clean of suction cup marks. Apparently, some of their unsavory elements expect to find the GPS unit in the glove box when they see a holder.

If you want to use the same mount, try rubbing very little water on the mount's surface that sticks to the windshield. Then stick it into the windshield. It usually works for me this way.

If you want to use the same mount, try rubbing very little water on the mount's surface that sticks to the windshield. Then stick it into the windshield. It usually works for me this way.

Tried that... For some reason, it'll stay up there for a while...maybe hours... then, all of a sudden, it's raining TomTom.

I think the rubber is getting bad, and the heat of the windshield makes the rubber too pliable, and it falls.

It does look interesting but, before traveling in the UK I was warned on one of their fora that when parked not to leave the windshield mount attached. Also, to wipe the window clean of suction cup marks. Apparently, some of their unsavory elements expect to find the GPS unit in the glove box when they see a holder.

It AIN'T just the UK!!! I'd suggest taking the mount off the windshield and removing telltale marks anywhere.

东莞演出工程 东莞演出公司 成立要庆贺!公司发展要庆祝!!公司创成绩要庆功!!!东莞演出公司时刻关注您的成长,在您的每一个值得庆贺的时间,我们总会让您尽兴到底!一同分享您的成功!!!您公司要召开新闻发布会、记者招待会,订货会,周年庆典,文艺演出,产品促销,华厦奠基、开工、封顶、竣工典礼??希望你记得这个朋友。东莞礼仪公司 服务项目一.东莞礼仪公司 各类大型庆典礼仪活动:开业庆典礼仪、商务礼仪活动、宣传推广活动、房地产奠基、封顶、开盘、落成、入伙庆典礼仪、开幕式礼仪服务、会展礼仪服务、新产品上市推广展示会、时装秀、各类促销活动、乔迁庆典礼仪服务、周年庆典礼仪服务。四. 东莞演出公司 文艺演出、服务类:国内外名星、礼仪小姐、模特、司仪、节目主持人、文艺演出、促销路演、杂技、魔术、小品、歌舞、南北舞狮、南狮梅花桩、武术、军乐队、管弦乐队、威风锣鼓队、山西盘鼓队、摄像VCD DVD制作、摄影。五.东莞礼仪公司订做常用庆典礼品:胸牌、请柬、签到簿、笔、名片夹、文房四宝、剪彩用具、奠基石、灯笼、拉花、荧光棒、礼品袋、遮阳伞、帐篷、文化衫、广告帽等。六.电脑喷绘、丝印标语旗帜类:喷绘广告布、牛津布标语、华达尼标语、防雨布标语、金字标语、尼龙布标语、国旗、企业旗、彩旗、路杆旗、小挂旗、POP旗、三角旗、狼牙旗。七.园艺、鲜花、植物盆栽类:西式二层、三层花篮、中式三层、五层、八层花篮、花束、花球、插花、胸花、台花、花牌、婚车扎花、干花、水晶花、绢花、植物盆栽、艺术盆景、绿化花木。八.节庆布置/房地产楼盘:节庆主题布置--元旦、新春、五一、六一、国庆、圣诞以及大型旅游节庆活动布置;商场装饰、空中布置;房地产包装,金布包树、销售部包装等。

exactly.......:eek:

东莞演出工程 东莞演出公司 成立要庆贺!公司发展要庆祝!!公司创成绩要庆功!!!东莞演出公司时刻关注您的成长,在您的每一个值得庆贺的时间,我们总会让您尽兴到底!一同分享您的成功!!!您公司要召开新闻发布会、记者招待会,订货会,周年庆典,文艺演出,产品促销,华厦奠基、开工、封顶、竣工典礼??希望你记得这个朋友。东莞礼仪公司 服务项目一.东莞礼仪公司 各类大型庆典礼仪活动:开业庆典礼仪、商务礼仪活动、宣传推广活动、房地产奠基、封顶、开盘、落成、入伙庆典礼仪、开幕式礼仪服务、会展礼仪服务、新产品上市推广展示会、时装秀、各类促销活动、乔迁庆典礼仪服务、周年庆典礼仪服务。四. 东莞演出公司 文艺演出、服务类:国内外名星、礼仪小姐、模特、司仪、节目主持人、文艺演出、促销路演、杂技、魔术、小品、歌舞、南北舞狮、南狮梅花桩、武术、军乐队、管弦乐队、威风锣鼓队、山西盘鼓队、摄像VCD DVD制作、摄影。五.东莞礼仪公司订做常用庆典礼品:胸牌、请柬、签到簿、笔、名片夹、文房四宝、剪彩用具、奠基石、灯笼、拉花、荧光棒、礼品袋、遮阳伞、帐篷、文化衫、广告帽等。六.电脑喷绘、丝印标语旗帜类:喷绘广告布、牛津布标语、华达尼标语、防雨布标语、金字标语、尼龙布标语、国旗、企业旗、彩旗、路杆旗、小挂旗、POP旗、三角旗、狼牙旗。七.园艺、鲜花、植物盆栽类:西式二层、三层花篮、中式三层、五层、八层花篮、花束、花球、插花、胸花、台花、花牌、婚车扎花、干花、水晶花、绢花、植物盆栽、艺术盆景、绿化花木。八.节庆布置/房地产楼盘:节庆主题布置--元旦、新春、五一、六一、国庆、圣诞以及大型旅游节庆活动布置;商场装饰、空中布置;房地产包装,金布包树、销售部包装等。

exactly.......:eek:

Anybody else sees it like this?
View attachment 2110

Last edited:
The akron mounts fall from the windshield also just not as often. Heat does mine in and I have the akron mount:eek:

I guess I'll find out. The one I got has the tension toggle to mount it. It sure SEEMS like it would be more robust. In any case, I figure a good $19 test.

The TomTom mount got to the point it wouldn't go 20 minutes without jettisoning itself.....

Ask a Question