ONE v2
Tim Hortons - Canada

Unzip in USA_and_Canada folder

Last updated in Nov. 19 2007

Attachments

• Tim Hortons - Canada - Nov. 19 2007.zip
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,065
Last edited:
Just a suggestion, but perhaps the talented folks making these awesome POI's can label the file with some decriptive time stamp. I downloaded a Timmy's POI a week ago, and noticed todays post by Digi-Flex. His Timmys POI is smaller in size (192K) vs. the one I downloaded last week (203K). So the question is which one is the most crrent version? :confused:

Just a suggestion, but perhaps the talented folks making these awesome POI's can label the file with some decriptive time stamp. I downloaded a Timmy's POI a week ago, and noticed todays post by Digi-Flex. His Timmys POI is smaller in size (192K) vs. the one I downloaded last week (203K). So the question is which one is the most crrent version? :confused:

Where did you download the other Tim Horton's POI from? The one I posted was updated the day of.

I second this suggestion and would add that it would be great if there was some information as to the completeness of the file.

I got them here. Also, no time stamp or version. So I don't know how old the POI is compared to yours... :D

Well, the Tim Horton POI I grabbed was to from POIHandler which I subscribe to using POIEdit2007. The POI was last updated in November 2006 according to the site.

The Tim Horton's file you found is bigger but can't tell which is more recent unless you login but you have to pay. Does anyone have a membership to this site and can tell when the last update was?

I question the accuracy too..

I downloaded digi-flex's file too, and am not sure how valid it is. Does it show all the Tim's in all the Esso stations? I notice that the two at the esso stations at Steeles and Woodbine are there, but not the one at the esso station at Victoria Park and McNicoll.

Who updates these files? Is there someone at Tim Hortons who supplies all the addresses? I know that many esso stations are being revamped, and when they do that, many are adding a Tims counter where possible, so it may be in a continuous state of change.

edit: Ok I just downloaded Praxxus' file, and put them both on my 510... it contains the Tims at the Esso at Vic Park and McNicoll.. so I gues it is more recent.

I may do a comparison (or merge) between the two files and see what else is different. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
I downloaded digi-flex's file too, and am not sure how valid it is. Does it show all the Tim's in all the Esso stations? I notice that the two at the esso stations at Steeles and Woodbine are there, but not the one at the esso station at Victoria Park and McNicoll.

Who updates these files? Is there someone at Tim Hortons who supplies all the addresses? I know that many esso stations are being revamped, and when they do that, many are adding a Tims counter where possible, so it may be in a continuous state of change.

This is the problem with POI's in general, they are forever changing due to stores opening, shutting down or moving. It is a difficult task to keep up to date especially if there are thousands of locations.

As far as updating, as I mention in the previous post I got them through POIHandler (the Tim Horton's POI is free and is what I use) and as far as I can tell it is the community that edits these locations just like we do here.

Source of Tim Hortons

Ok, I extracted the source text from both the Tim Hortons OV2 files, and merged them together, and sorted by Longitude.

The entries with the postal codes are those from GPS-Data site, which is believe is newer and contains more entries. The entries without the postal codes, are from this site.

Here is a link to the combined file, in plain text mode.

As you can see, there are some obvious discrepencies. I was going to remove the dups, but upon closer inspection, you can see the longitude and latitude coords do not match from one file to the other... which is right? Who knows! Does it matter at that minute level? Maybe to some people.

Wow

It even has the one that opened in the spring about 3 months ago on Georgian Dr! Woo hoo! Time for a road trip, and Timmies in hand, of course!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...........
Mod:D

P.S. I can confirm that the Esso/ Tims in my area are included.

Last edited:
Thank you to all the contributers for the links to the Tim Horton POI's and the merged file.

I loaded both POI files on my TomTom and compared the accuracy with the location mapping on the timhortons.com web site for the locations in the Belleville area and some others that I have used..

My biggest surprise was how BAD the location mapping on the web site was. I would be one very upset and questionable customer if when I was trying to find the 10 year old Tim Horton's that is nearest to Hwy 401 ,I would end up 11 kms away literally in the middle of nowhere on a side road east of Belleville. This was not the only location in Belleville to be out by more than 5 kms.

I found the GPS-Data POI to be the most accurate. I corrected two errors by modifying the .CSV file with the lattitude and logitude from my TomTom and then converting that file to .OV2 .

Is there an easier way to make actual location corrections to a .OV2 file?
Thank you. As you can see I'm totally new at this.

You pretty much got it, just make the corrections in the .csv file. You can also open the .csv file in POIEdit and make the corrections there and save it as an .ov2 file as well.

As a new member here, I can only chuckle at what our friends from south of the border must think about our Timmies obsession. We make Starbucks junkies look like Girl Guides (or Girl Scouts for our American friends).

It is nice to see a large Southern Ontario community here.

Change of location

The entry for the following Timmies should be as follows The location in the file was about 900m east down the highway.

Tim Hortons 14121 Highway 7 Madoc ON K0K 2K0 CA (613) 473-2622
44.5118N -77.48123W

Ask a Question