3rd party software on SD card for Go 930

Hi,

first of all, great forum...

I'm trying to install 3rd party software on External memory card (SD CARD)
but the system doesn't show the software... but when I move them to internal memory it shows up in the menu...

does anyone know if GO 930 can still support 3rd party software on SD CARD? if so can you tell me how...

(in the main SD CARD I have folder "SDKRegistry" and program folder)

Thanks

Hi,

first of all, great forum...

I'm trying to install 3rd party software on External memory card (SD CARD)
but the system doesn't show the software... but when I move them to internal memory it shows up in the menu...

does anyone know if GO 930 can still support 3rd party software on SD CARD? if so can you tell me how...

(in the main SD CARD I have folder "SDKRegistry" and program folder)

Thanks

You could try a pin reset.

Thanks for the suggestion... but that didn't work....

I pin start after adding the program on to SD Card... and still didn't see it in the main menu...

wonder if application path is correct in the path field of cap file?

AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/catapps/|

is SD card still called sdcard in the new 8.002 firmware...

is SD card still called sdcard in the new 8.002 firmware...

If you have not yet upgraded to 8.0.5 you should.
That will finally give you the menu item for Advanced Lane Guidance.
A week ago Latest Map Guarantee still insisted the the 1.4 GB Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB map was the current one. Not true, they've been using 8.0.5 in Europe just like our NA map, but it is 1970 MB and too large to go into internal memory.
Put a 4 GB SDHC card in the slot and try the Map Guarantee. If Latest Map Guarantee is reporting "Your device came with the latest map. Your device already has the latest map. There is no map update available." make a scan of your invoice to prove that it is less than 30 days old. Then call Support and tell them that you want the the 8.0.5 map.
They will ask you to go to their web page and create a Support question ( called pop) and the will tell you to attach your proof-of-purchase scan to the question.
After a couple of minutes they will tell you that the map has been added to your account and that you now must run Update my GO. They will stay with you during the lengthly "Update my device" and once you start downloading will end the support call and you will know why you've been on hold for 50 minutes plus yourself. Having the scanned bill already would have saved me a good 10 minutes (a scanner like molasses).

Now we come to the answer of your question:

It is called "Memory Card" and you will use the Change device in Home, once they come out with an update to 2.3.1.92. Worked perfectly with 8.002 and 8.0.5s but not with 8.0.10 (Support replied that they are working on an upgrade). Until such time to switch maps in Home is has to be done the same as on the 930.
Change Preferences > Manage maps > Switch maps and click on the other one.

Ask a Question