NA Map 7.15 whats new

My friend just got the NA 7.15 map and I was comparing my 7.10 map with him. Didn't notice anything special other than most of the major highways and interstates have speed limit on them now. This actually fixes the problem of tomtom being way off on calculating the arrival time. I didn't get to play with it much to see if the routing is actually different or not, maybe somebody else can chime in. Is 100 bucks for the new map worth it for the feature that should have worked all along anyways:mad:
Here is the 710 map and below is 715. Notice that the speed limit is now shown on the bottom right and total time difference to destination.
up710.jpg

up715.jpg

:cool:

new tomtom came with map version 705.1481

my new tomtom came with map version 705.1481

how can i upgrade to the newest map (7.15?)

TTHome says that i have the most recent....

If you bought the unit within last 30 days call 866-486-6866 (tomtom) and they will add it to your account otherwise its a 100 bucks:(

thank you

thanks
just got it today

just curious, do you know why it would not automatically download?

i know its a newbie question that might be a bit off topic but how do you get your map to show those raised rectangles (which i can only assume represent buildings)? mine is just flat. im using map 710

Notice that the speed limit is now shown on the bottom right and total time difference to destination.
up710.jpg

up715.jpg

Looking at the screen shots, I don't see any difference... is 44/45 supposed to mean that you're driving 44 in a 45 PSL? I do have v715 map, but haven't used my TT to test it yet... Will confirm once I use it...

How do you get your map to show those raised rectangles (which i can only assume represent buildings)? mine is just flat. im using map 710

In 2D view, the more you zoom in, the more "detail" you'll be able to see; however, this is true for certain areas only (usually larger cities) - you can test it by using "Browse Map" feature

Last edited:
how do you get your map to show those raised rectangles (which i can only assume represent buildings)? mine is just flat. im using map 710

Your v7.10 map will display these images of building outlines, but they aren't everywhere - just in the central sections of major cities. Use 'Browse map' and zoom into the center of a large city and you should see this feature.

My friend just got the NA 7.15 map and I was comparing my 7.10 map with him. Didn't notice anything special other than most of the major highways and interstates have speed limit on them now. This actually fixes the problem of tomtom being way off on calculating the arrival time. I didn't get to play with it much to see if the routing is actually different or not, maybe somebody else can chime in. Is 100 bucks for the new map worth it for the feature that should have worked all along anyways:mad:
Here is the 710 map and below is 715. Notice that the speed limit is now shown on the bottom right and total time difference to destination.
up710.jpg

up715.jpg

44mph in a 45mph speed limit zone... then why does the demo show you that you can do 70mph? No wonder the timing's off hahahaha.

I'd wait for Navcore 8 and version 8 maps.

I have a Go700. Actually, I have 2 of them. Last time I did a map update about a year ago or so, I paid about $50 and got a CD that had all the maps. I was then able to load whichever ones I wanted. I typically use the MidAtlantic/Northeast region and Southeast. But now, it looks like each region is treated totally independently. $60 for each one. Is that really the way it is? Or I could pay $99 for the whole US, but I usually try to avoid that because you have to scroll through so many more choices when searching for a city.

Do I have to pay separately for each Go700?

Ask a Question