New Maps

Does any one think the new maps are a great improvement . In my area ,Massachusetts I didnt notice any inprovement

Does any one think the new maps are a great improvement . In my area ,Massachusetts I didnt notice any inprovement

"New" is a relative term, especially with the announcement of the new maps v6.75 released today.

I'm assuming v665.1293 is what you have. You may/may not notice improvement due to the fact that version was not built upon the previous version (v660.xxxx). It really depends in your area. I would concur that in my area I have seen no improvement, a friends street still does not exist in the version 665.1293.

I think the new maps that we paid $6 for was the same as the old map just a different # just a way to get some more money now they want to charge us a stupid amount of money for the new new map. WAY TO GO TOMTOM more i read about what they are doing the more i wonder why i have this product because they obviously dont care about there consumers

Don't forget that when we ordered the DVD, we got the newer voices and we could upload any map we wanted.

Now that we have to download, in return for saving the planet, we only can download one map for the respective price.

Hi Cop(Sli).
I beg to differ.
I use Walmart Street Atlas to check the maps. With the old USA-Canada map, in small towns in VT, NH ... TomTom couldn't locate 7 Walmarts out of 10, with the new NorthAmerica map it's the other way around. A big improvement.
TomTom doesn't have much problem in big cities.

I think the new maps that we paid $6 for was the same as the old map just a different # just a way to get some more money now they want to charge us a stupid amount of money for the new new map. WAY TO GO TOMTOM more i read about what they are doing the more i wonder why i have this product because they obviously dont care about there consumers

incorrect. the new maps have plenty of additions, at least in my area. are they perfect? not at all, but still an improvement.

I agree the new maps are an improvement. The older map didn't have my brother's address, in a 5 year old development. The new map had it.

the 910 (that i just got ) had the older map
it didnt even show my house or
my parents house (they built it 28 years ago)
but the new map shows both homes

i just did the update and it was very easy
thx to yall ... i read on here how to do it and everything went smooth

Hi Cop(Sli).
I beg to differ.
I use Walmart Street Atlas to check the maps. With the old USA-Canada map, in small towns in VT, NH ... TomTom couldn't locate 7 Walmarts out of 10, with the new NorthAmerica map it's the other way around. A big improvement.
TomTom doesn't have much problem in big cities.

incorrect. the new maps have plenty of additions, at least in my area. are they perfect? not at all, but still an improvement.

Note that both of you are in the US. They did NOTHING for Canada and in fact REMOVED things from the Canadian side of the border.

Edit: Hmm, I just checked TeleAtlas' MapInsight and the map errors are still there so I don't feel as bad about the new release at least for my part of the city.

Last edited:
The TT Map web page is back up and it displays the new 2007 maps.

I put in my 2006 product code and got this message:

We advise you not to update your map. You already have one of the most up-to-date maps available. However, you can select maps of other countries or continents.

:confused:

Note that both of you are in the US. They did NOTHING for Canada and in fact REMOVED things from the Canadian side of the border.

Edit: Hmm, I just checked TeleAtlas' MapInsight and the map errors are still there so I don't feel as bad about the new release at least for my part of the city.

I checked TeleAtlas Insight and I found they still didn't fix the error I reported.

The TT Map web page is back up and it displays the new 2007 maps.

I put in my 2006 product code and got this message:

:confused:

Ok, I called TomTom Support, and got the skinny on this new downloadable 2007 map update. It is exactly the same maps that we have on our $6.00 DVD. It is labeled as "2007 Maps", to differentiate them from the DVD we have.

Great, thanks for sharing that! I suspected as much, TT did the exact same thing a year or so ago. The first clue was the "new downloadable" maps are the exact same size. But thanks for verifying!

Hi Nextourer.
I live in Montreal.
I have no time to do extensive investigation, but I think there are improvements, because I have to rely much less on S & T and Google Map now.

Free Map Extension?

Just pulled this off the TT site:
Enjoy the most accurate and detailed maps of the US and Canada ever produced. Update includes:

More than 410,000 new road miles and 500,000 points of interest
More than six million new household and business addresses
Improved road detailing for better visual representation
Updated shopping centers, golf courses and more!
FREE for eligible customers through June 15, 2007!

It would not let me upgrade apparently since I already took the one that just expired. (Which I no longer use because it is so inaccurate!!!)

Just pulled this off the TT site:
Enjoy the most accurate and detailed maps of the US and Canada ever produced. Update includes:

More than 410,000 new road miles and 500,000 points of interest
More than six million new household and business addresses
Improved road detailing for better visual representation
Updated shopping centers, golf courses and more!
FREE for eligible customers through June 15, 2007!

It would not let me upgrade apparently since I already took the one that just expired. (Which I no longer use because it is so inaccurate!!!)

IIRC, the text you pulled from the site has always been there w/ the exception of the June date. The deadline has been extended to June 15.

Ask a Question