XXL540TM - Map Download problem

I am frustrated. :eek:
I?m using Windows 7 as my operating system. Lifetime map updates! I have a fairly fast internet connection but it takes an hour and a quarter to (attempt to) download the update.
I?ve been attempting for quite a while (off and on) to download an updated map into my XXL540TM and receive the same error on every attempt. Upon your advice, I uninstalled the HOME application and eliminated the following directories before reinstalling the latest HOME application (downloaded from your site)-
?\AppData\Local\Tomtom\
?\AppData\Roaming\Tomtom\
?\Documents\Tomtom\

Strangely enough, all minor (small files) update on the device with NO problem.
The error I receive is below? consistently the same-_____________________________________________________________________________
ERROR: 2152398862/#http://download.tomtom.com/875/high...GqQg87gTQWl oY/ea6tAnXfDfmcI3H/6uzgn2kyP5UM=: Error from server: The connection to the TomTom server timed out.
The connection to the TomTom server timed out.

Error code: 2152398862 (NS_ERROR_NET_TIMEOUT)
URL: http://download.tomtom.com/875/high...bGqQg87gTQWl oY/ea6tAnXfDfmcI3H/6uzgn2kyP5UM=
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] C:\Users\Pauls\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map\USA__Canada___Mexico\USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P.zip
info.metaFile = [string] C:\Users\Pauls\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\2667da3a9439b57b85fa8aeb2611bb38.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] C:\Users\Pauls\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\2667da3a9439b57b85fa8aeb2611bb38.tmp

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:77
return new ServerError(message, status, uri, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:112
return NetUtil.exceptionForStatusCode(aStatus, aChannel.URI.spec, additionalInfo);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:363
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus, this._getRequestInfo());

Time: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 20:23:34 GMT

Is there a location (FTP perhaps) I can access to directly download the USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P.cab file? (and use the manual method to update my device).

Might it be a firewall issue blocking traffic or something with your anti-virus settings? (You don't have Kapersky by any chance, do you?)

You may also want to consider running Home in XP compatible mode and try that way.

Thank for the response!

I'll try XP compatibility mode. Currently HOME 2 is set to run as an Administrator.

At home, I use Zone Alarm Internet Security and Win7. The HOME 2 app is set to allow all traffic through the firewall. The update has previously worked a couple of times using this system and only recently failed during the last several attempts.

At work, the AV is ESET NOD32 which I have no control over.

I get the same symptoms on both systems.

I'll let everyone know the results of my next attempt.:thumb:

......Upon your advice, I uninstalled the HOME application and eliminated the following directories before reinstalling the latest HOME application (downloaded from your site)-....

Hi... just a reminder, this forum is totally independent and run by owners/enthusiasts. We have no official connection with TomTom themselves.

• Also, don't use a wireless connection, use a CAT5 cable.
  • Try a different USB port. Preferably one on the back of the computer (if desktop)
  • Don't use a USB hub or one on a keyboard (if desktop).
  • Try a different USB cable.

Issue resolved!

I disabled my PC AV and Firewall to no avail...
Started in XP mode... nothing
Already tried multiple USB ports, but "good idea".

Finally, I disabled the NAT firewall in my router and Viola!
The subsequent download installed without issue!

I am now a happy camper!

Thanks to Spider362, Andy_p, and dhn for the advice and assistance.

Ask a Question