XXL IQ Routes only shows a blank screen

Har

TomTom Model(s)
XXL , GO60
Hello,
I am using this XXL for about 3 years. Some weeks ago I suddenly saw just a blank screen when starting the GPS.
coupled it via usb on my PC and Home2 said there were some updates. The updates were running but still that blank screen. The help-department of TomTom gave me a hand by trying to delete old software and restore new software but still only that blank screen. Some electronics should have been broken. (??) They said we can repair it for 95euro but that's to expensive for an old vehicle. Maybe here at the Forum I can maybe find an clever solution?
Thanks.
Har.

Thanks for trying to help me.
The computer recognize that I connect my XXL with the usb-cable. HOME2 also recognizes the XXL and shows the serienumber etc. Via HOME2 I had deleted the software and stored again but the screen of the XXL doesnot show anything; it just is blank (not dark).

Have you done a Reset, either with a paper clip at the bottom of the device or depressing the on-off button until the drum roll starts.

Yes, I have heard the drums already several times because I have tried to get back the screen-info.
Is it possible some electronic has ends life and that's why the repair department of TomTom ask 95 Euro for a repair?

One last idea to determine if you're dealing with firmware or hardware issues.

Press and hold the button and continue to hold for 10 or 15 seconds (perhaps even a bit more) AFTER the drums occur. You'll be looking for the appearance of a black screen with white text on it (the diag screen).

I have done what you have asked but only a blank screen shows up and no black screen with text.
The blach screen appears when I switch off.

Definitely a hardware problem, then. Whether it's worth it to you to pick up a new LCD/digitizer (the 'screen') for it to see if it's that or the motherboard is another question.

Before binning it or getting into repair, you might want to open it up and be 100% certain that the flex connector for the screen is still properly seated and locked.

Not bad at all. Somewhere around here (heaven knows where), I'm pretty sure somebody posted the pics of a battery change.

Unfortunately, I have to hit the road for a week this a.m., and don't have time to do the search. With any luck, one of the other mods can point you to it.

That's the one! Thanks, David. Now if I can just keep track of the link for next time. (Sitting at airport having overpriced lunch...)

Ask a Question