xulrunner.exe failed

I am trying to install tomtom home and after downloading and trying to start, i get the error message "xulrunner.exe failed with error 0: process failed to start up correctly. If this problem persists, please reinstall from http//tomtom.com/home" which i have done 3 times with no success. Help, please.

I am trying to install tomtom home and after downloading and trying to start, i get the error message "xulrunner.exe failed with error 0: process failed to start up correctly. If this problem persists, please reinstall from http//tomtom.com/home" which i have done 3 times with no success. Help, please.

I have the same problem

I contacted TOMTOM support, but they haven't helped at all.

I get the error when the program is starting so I can't even get into the program. - The error occurs on the startup of Home 2.2

What do I do?

1) uninstall Home
2) do a Windows Restore to a point BEFORE the first time you tried installing Home
3) install the latest version from the website

it may give you trouble the first time it runs, but restart it (reboot if necessary) and it should be alright after.

Having said all that, I've found that Home won't communicate with my TT on my Toshiba laptop -- it will work on my wife's Dell laptop and my work computer :confused:

SOLVED: "xulrunner.exe failed with error 0" on Windows Vista

xulrunner.exe failed with error 0: process failed to start up correctly. If this problem persists, please reinstall from http//tomtom.com/home

Are you running Windows Vista?

I got this message, too. So I uninstalled, and then re-ran the downloaded TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe file again, but the second time I ran it "as administrator." That time it worked.

To run it "as administrator" you need to right-click on TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe, and pick "Run as administrator" from the menu, instead of simply double-clicking it.

This technique is often necessary for programs that were intended for Windows XP or earlier. My guess is that the TomTom folks haven't bothered to update their installer and web page with proper instructions for Windows Vista, though I can't imagine why it has taken them so long. My (freshly downloaded) copy of TomTomHOME2winlatest.exe is version 2.2.0.33.

Regards,
Dave Burton
Cary, NC
www.geeksalive.com

SOLVED: "xulrunner.exe failed with error 0" on Windows Vista

I had the same problem after TomTom Home updated itself while I was running Vista logged onto a non-admin account. I logged into my admin account, TTH successfully updated itself...and it worked once again on my non-admin account.

Ask a Question