XLS = NO text to speech

jlm

TomTom Model(s)
One XLS
This has become very frustrating. I hope that it's something stupid I'm doing.
But... you folks are the experts.... please HELP.......

My real problem is that I've yet to get the text to work.
I've made sure that volume is up, the voice is Susan, English, and Computer, and Speech preferences are both checked and unchecked.

And NOTHING. no speech.

When I first used the GPS the voices worked when selecting and then hitting Test.

The Text-to-speech has worked ONE time... I arrived at my destination, turned off the GPS, came back, Back ON... and the Speech is not there anymore.

It gets worse.....

Now... no speech during driving, no speech when hitting Test during voice selection, when I adjust the volume, or when I select to repeat directions!
...first answer would be that the devise is on Mute. But Sound is ON.

What gives???

Thank you!
I'm new.
:)

have you put in a waypoint/POI and drove to it with your unit directing you to it ? Give that a try. From one TT newbie to another. Mine will not talk unless it is telling me to turn right/left at so many yards and you could also do this in DEMO mode, give it a try
Jim

have you put in a waypoint/POI and drove to it with your unit directing you to it ? Give that a try. From one TT newbie to another. Mine will not talk unless it is telling me to turn right/left at so many yards and you could also do this in DEMO mode, give it a try
Jim
Also, avoid posting 3 times in 2 forums. We'll find your thread, don't worry!

Hmm... so you've plotted a route and you're driving and there's no sound whatsoever? Hmm.....

I've made sure that volume is up, the voice is Susan, English, and Computer, and Speech preferences are both checked and unchecked.

And NOTHING. no speech.

When I first used the GPS the voices worked when selecting and then hitting Test.

The Text-to-speech has worked ONE time... I arrived at my destination, turned off the GPS, came back, Back ON... and the Speech is not there anymore.

It gets worse.....

Now... no speech during driving, no speech when hitting Test during voice selection, when I adjust the volume, or when I select to repeat directions!

What gives???

Thank you!
I'm new.

Have you checked your preferences for what you want to hear? Does the issue apply to non-computer voices, as well?

I does highlight that in another thread. te XLS dont come preloaded with the TTS voice, you have to donwload it and install it... BUT the problem is theres not enough space in the device to fit the TTS voice so you gonna have to delete a few other voice.... i know, its ridiculous

I does highlight that in another thread. te XLS dont come preloaded with the TTS voice, you have to donwload it and install it... BUT the problem is theres not enough space in the device to fit the TTS voice so you gonna have to delete a few other voice.... i know, its ridiculous

Where would he download the TTS voices from? They are only resident on the device itself as far as I know. The Loquendo file is 4 gb.

Susan is computer voice, it come only with TTS models.
Here is what you have to do: Choose Voice pref, if you can't find that option then do : Change Prefe./Change voices/Susan/ ... then tick on 'Read aloud street names' (or more).

TT ONE XLS Text to Speech trouble

Thanks much for the tips, as a new owner my TT One XLS suddenly stopped calling out street names and it has been frustrating trying to figure out why. It turns out I switched the voice to a NON computer voice but when I switched back and checked off the appropriate settings, all is well again.
Thank god for forums as the manual doesn't always help!
Kool Kanadian:cool:

And NOTHING. no speech.

It gets worse.....

What gives???

Thank you!
I'm new.
this happened to me after i "updated" to navapp 7.161 from 7.14. if you made one, restore a previous backup. if not, call support and ask specifically for a copy of nav app 7.14. i was run-arounded (?) for 3 days before they finally sent it to me. worked fine after reinstalling 7.14

TTS for TOMTOM LE

Hi All,

I've been hearing that there is a hack out there to get the TomTom LE to get TTS. Just wondering if this was true and if it is can someone show me how to do this. Thanks

Ask a Question