WTF calibration

Is the only way to calibrate the screen, to create that calib.txt file and guess at the numbers that should work? this seems a bit silly to me, there's got to be a better way to get the tomtom one touch screen calibrated...

If a reset of the unit doesn't help, try these numbers in the calib.txt file: 205 922 92 901

If you hold down the button on your unit to power on and then keep holding it, the unit goes into diagnostic mode. You get a whole screen of data, including values for the calib.txt file.

yeah those number just messed it all up.....I took the original numbers from the diagnostic screen and messed with them, it's better, but not perfect, in order to touch something on the bottom right I have to get my fingernail at the extreme right lower corner,
well as long as it works better that'll help, I just have to pay attn to what I'm doing now on it

It does't help at all, nothing happens, its a tomtom go 1st edition, has that something to do with it?

...in order to touch something on the bottom right I have to get my fingernail at the extreme right lower corner...

I have decided, I just need to use a "stylus", to pinpoint my touch point on the screen.
Small 'pointy' object that doesn't scratch or mar the screen will work.

EJ

I have a Tom Tom ONE 140 S and am having the same calibration problem. Does anyone have the correct calibration settings for mine? My calib data is currently set to 918 92 110 878 (I have flipped the first two numbers to match what it would be in calib.txt) and my touchscreen registers input about 1/2 inch too low.

Have you tried in order:
1. Resetting the unit (hold the power button about 10 seconds).
2. The clearFlash tool found at tomtom.com/6211. DL and run it 3 times
3. Restore to factory defaults.

Yes. I called tech support and they had me do all that before. I have even tried manual backing up the device and deleting the root files in orderto force a fresh install.

I think I just need the numbers for the calib.txt file. I am about 2 more tries from chucking this POS out a window.

The calib.txt file shouldn't have to be used. Call up Tomtom support and ask for a warranty exchange.

calib.txt is an undocumented feature that can work to fix out-of-warranty devices when the touchscreen start to fail and gets mis-calibrated. You shouldn't have to know it exists, and since the 140 is less than a year old, just get it warranty swapped.

Ask a Question