Which Car Charger for Tomtom One?

Hi

I need an extra 12v car charger for my Tomtom One. I picked this one up from Amazon:

edit - Can't post links. It is Tomtom accessory number 9A00.001

The small circular plug that is on this charger does not match the Tomtom which looks like a small USB connection.

Anyone know where to find the correct cable.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

I've used my Blackberry home charger for my TomTomOne with no issues.
I don't see why the Blackberry car charger wouldn't work.

The Motorola Razr charger (which is very easy to find anywhere) can also be used for the TTone. Also, those Itips work great, it should be tip number A29 if I'm not mistaken, A32 is also a mini usb plug.

Hi

I have a blackberry. The charger for that works just fine with my TT1. Thanks for the heads up. Had no idea what I needed was sitting in the car already.

I have an adapter that I wanted to see if it would work. On one end is the cigarette (male) plug and the other end is a female USB connector (same port as your would see on the back of your computer). I was thinking of using that with a mini USB to USB cable. The adapter that I have says:

Input: 12-24V
Output: DC 5.0V +/- 5%
Max 400mA (I think this is too low)

Would this work? Is the tolerance of the output too large (+/- 5%)? Is the mA enough?

I was also thinking about powering the Tomtom via the 5V lead running to the car stereo. Would this work or should I shy away from that?

-S

Last edited:

Ask a Question