where is the mapsettings.cfg file in v1.9 USA&Canada?

This may be a more general question than belongs on the iPhone forum - namely what the difference is between the North_America folder and the North_America_2GB folder, and why they each have mapsettings.cfg files, but I only use TomTom on my iPhone, so I'm posting here...

I'm having trouble getting my favorites (from v1.5) copied into v1.9. I've found my mapsettings.cfg file from 1.5, and I've found the Documents folder for 1.9. But in 1.9 Documents there is a folder named North_America and another named North_America_2GB, and both have mapsettings.cfg files in them. I've tried replacing each of them with my 1.5 .cfg file, but I still don't see my favorites in TomTom. I've made sure TomTom is not active each time I've altered files. Is there anything else I need to do to make the file change "take"?

thanks for any insight...

OK, never mind, sort of ... I replaced the .cfg files in *both* folders with the same file from v1.5, and now my favorites appear when I run TomTom. Something feels wrong about doing it that way, but it looks like it's working. I'd still be curious to know if anyone can explain what those two folders signify and which one should hold my "real* mapsettings.cfg file, or if that's even the right way to look at it.

Ask a Question