Where is Serial Number?

I recently found this forum and have learned several tricks to make my tomtom one more useful. Thanks to all the regular "expert" posters on the site that make is such a useful and friendly forum.

I have a tomtom one (v2 I believe with the SD card maps). I've attempted to request the new maps dvd...but can't get my s/n entered correctly. There's a scratch through part of the number on the bottom of my unit (assuming I'm looking at the correct tiny number!)

Is the s/n available anywhere else in my documentation? Apparently it isn't on the "credit card" I have with my product code.

Let me know if I'm SOL or if there's another alternative for coming up with the s/n.

Thanks!

I can't find anywhere where the serial number shows up in the unit.

Does the scratch obliterate the number so completely that a couple of guesses couldn't get you thru on the website?

I can't find anywhere where the serial number shows up in the unit.

Does the scratch obliterate the number so completely that a couple of guesses couldn't get you thru on the website?

Yep...I basically have a divot on the bottom of my tomtom (My daugther fell while carrying it on a gravel path. I knew it was toast, but I popped the SD card back in, and it booted right up! Pretty tough unit! )

All I can make out is E1535 "gash......"

I hoped that the serial number would be somewhere else that I missed in documentation.

Ask a Question