What will keep xulrunner from running on an XP Pro System?

:confused: I'm trying to find out what might be stopping xulrunner.exe that comes in TomTom HOME V2 from running on XP Pro.

It will run on XP Home without any problem.

I've tried running it alone (C:\Program Files\TomTomHOME\xulrunner\xulrunner.exe), I tried it in "Safe Mode" I also downloaded a fresh version (not from TomTom) and tried that!

I've stopped everything (practically) under processes (Task manager), I've stopped almost everything in services; (tried xulrunner) then re-started them after e.t.c.

Just can't figure out what is preventing it from running?

If I stare at the xulrunner error dialog box long enough, TomTom HOME will start behind it, and if I drag the error box aside (not closing it) the software seems to function fine?

If I make any choice in the error box (Debug, send a report to MicroSquash, or Close), it closes and closes TomTom HOME as well?

What could be causing this error ?

Do you have Home 1.5.x ???

:confused: I'm trying to find out what might be stopping xulrunner.exe that comes in TomTom HOME V2 from running on XP Pro.

Have you tried loading (reloading) Home 1.5.x. If you can do without the aesthetic changes to the interface...the essential functionality that you need should be covered in the previous version of Home. Email me for more info.

Last edited:
xulrunner.exe crashes on XP.

hi merry Christmas.I need help. i have xp home running I had loaded tt home. things were runnin' fine. I add a voice, it did not work? so I delete all its parts. went back to Home and opened the control "my one" it's window opened and the blue box of death pop-up. With { xulrunner.exe was not do its job) I have uninstalled HOME V2 reinstalled. tryed the backup in home v2 now its 2am I can no longer see. So if any one has a fix. please let me know how to get out of this mess. my tomtom one v3 is just frozen now. Thank you.:confused:

Hi Wiley

Yep, I loaded V1.5, and it will run on my system, however, it will find updates (QuickGPSFixdata) but when I try to download them, I get (An error occured while downloading this file: "no file").

It also shows a "Content Update" is available: "Program: TomTom Application fo GoClassic (9.8MB)" (they even misspelled "For")

Anywho, I might give that a try, and see what happens...

I'm all eyes (hoping for something!)

I had a problem with xulrunner on my XP pro machine. I found the solution, it was AVG anti virus! I un-installed it, cleaned out any references to TomTom in the registry,and made sure all the programs running in the task bar were shut down, re-installed TomTom HOME 2 and voila! it works now.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question