what are the real diffs GO 720 vs GO 920 ?

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
So I"m officially NOT going the route of a Garmin nuvi 760.

Had my heart set on the GO 920, but not wanting to wait for much longer , don't care for a remote or the 4G card, I started to think about the GO 720 ?

What does the GO 920 really have better than the GO 720 ?

What distinguishes or justifies the GO 920 over the GO 720 ?

maps are the same or different ?

Can anyone shed light on this manner ?

thx

920 has EPT which help you navigating better when losing signal (tunnels). It also probably come with better map and more POI (North America is usualy better than USA_and_Canada, within same version). If you have deep pocket, go all the way!:D

so you're saying that Tom Tom have different maps per 720 and 920 ?

So a 720 will have less detailed maps than the 920's ?

That seems hard to believe :eek:

I thought I'd pick up the 720 and update it to have the latest and the greatest ?

The only way to really tell is to compare the 720 and 920 side by side. The 720's map states it has North America_2GB and not US_and_Canada.

thanks.. I honestly don't see any differences in them from that chart

its just I wonder if the 920 maps are more detailed than the 720

so far no one has been able to shed light on that.

i dont' care for the remote or mp3 or bluetooth type bells and whistles, I care more about the detail of the maps and the re-calculating time and the routing

Not to mention in Canada (Well NA actually), the 920 gets Voice Recognition while the 720 doesn't. i.e. you can enter destinations via voice.

thanks.. I honestly don't see any differences in them from that chart
The main differences, as already mentioned, are EPT and speech recognition. There is also 2Gb vs. 4Gb onboard flash, and the 920 also has European maps.

its just I wonder if the 920 maps are more detailed than the 720
That can only be determined by a side-by-side comparison. Honestly, I doubt it. You can compare map version numbers, but that will tell you nothing about the level of detail in the map.

Not to mention in Canada (Well NA actually), the 920 gets Voice Recognition while the 720 doesn't. i.e. you can enter destinations via voice.
As I mentioned above...

Ask a Question