Via 1605 m rv

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1605M RV / XL335M
Hi,

I have 2 questions about this RV model.

1) Are there inputs for the size of RV you've got? You know, height width and length, weight, etc?

2) This looks to be a Maps Only version, but I have my old charger cord w/ the traffic module built in. Will this work w/ this unit?

Thanks,

1) go to settings/vehicles and routes to configure your vehicle attributes

2) What was your prior model? If the plug fits it should work.

Apparently, OP posted in Discussion forum and Mikko replied that for a Via RV 1605 model that there is no TMC accessory.

1) go to settings/vehicles and routes to configure your vehicle attributes

2) What was your prior model? If the plug fits it should work.
I do not have any version of the 1605, so I cannot speak from personal knowledge, but I question whether or not the RDS-TMC antenna cord from an earlier model will fit - although perhaps an adapter can be found that will allow its use if the cord does not fit.

I base this assumption upon my experience with the antenna cord that came with my XXL540TM. It uses a mini-USB plug to connect to the XXL540, and my GO LIVE 1535 requires a charger cord with a micro-USB plug. Since the 1535 is of the same generation of hardware as the 1605, I assume that the 1605 requires a micro-USB plug.

I have not investigated to find out if there are any mini-USB to micro-USB adapters available that pass through all of the wiring correctly, so I can offer no advice in that regard. If such adapters do exist, I assume that the earlier antenna cord would work when used with such an adapter.

- Tom -

The Via 1605 RV is a VIA with a camper map added.

I believe it is the same core software, so any VIA traffic receiver should hopefully work, I've never heard of them not being compatible if the plug fits. I have heard that some plug-conversion-adapter attempts don't work. So the best chance is with a VIA adapter.

Regarding Mikko's post, it is possible that Tomtom went out of their way to block the traffic receiver on the RV edition, though I've never seen that blockage on any other model. But I don't see why they would do that.

and to finish off... if it is a specific "camper" or "RV" model, then it SHOULD have settings for height, weight etc.

Ask a Question