Via 1400 Screensaver ...help!

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1400
Howdy all,

I've been looking around but I can't find it. Bought my father a Via 1400 but it has a screensaver/demo mode that pops up ever 2 minutes and keeps going. I can't view it in Windows Explorer.

How do I get rid of it? Will an update do it or do I have to return it to the store and get another? The first one I had died within 2 days of use, this one seems to be a demo...if I return this I'm getting another brand name.

You can't access the file system on the model. Can you explain exactly what you are seeing when you refer to a 'screensaver/demo' mode?

If indeed it's what pre Nav10.X models sometimes had installed (and were relatively easily to remove), then there is no way for the user to delete this as it is indeed a demo model being repackaged as a new unit.

Are you sure these are not 'tips' that you are seeing?

It looks like it could be tips, giving what equates to information about the GPS. I updated to the 10.x and it doesn't seem to be doing it now, but time will tell.

"It looks like it could be tips, giving what equates to information about the GPS."
Can you remember any specific text, or what the screen actually looked like? Trying to see if it was just tips or not.

--------------------------------------------

"I updated to the 10.x"?

It should have been on a version of v10 software already.
What version is it running now?
(see the last page of 'Settings' for the menu item to get to the info screen)

Ask a Question