Uploading planned trips???

I recently purchased a 920 and so far, I am very pleased with it, however there is one thing that I would like to do and I am not sure if this unit supports it or not.

I want to get from point A to E, but I want to stop at B, C, and D along the way using a particular road. I could probably do this in the unit itself, but I would like plan the trip using an external program then upload the trip to the 920.

Is this possible? It just seems easier to use a particular piece of software (if there is such a thing) and then upload your trips rather than use the touch screen till your fingers hurt. :)

Thank in advance...

Have you ever used Google Maps? You can move the "blue line" to where you want it (specific roads, etc.) then use http://houghi.org/tomtom/ to create an iternerary.

Works pretty sweet...

There is also tyre that will do just about the same thing, I believe but I've not used it.

Thom,

Thanks a TON... I made my first .itn at work today over lunch and I can't wait to get home and see if I can upload it into my TomTom. This is just what I wanted to do.

You would think that TomTom would have some type of software to do it, but this looks like it is going to work great.

Thanks again... ;)

I know I am a newbie and all, but I think this post deserves a sticky. I am sure it will help others a lot!

You may find that the TomTom navigates between the waypoints in a different manner than Google does. In this case, you can force the TomTom to 'obey' your wishes by adding additional waypoints.

Jimbo, thanks... I will keep an eye on that. The first two that I made and uploaded worked just like I wanted them too. I would bet that if I was in a major city then the routing might be different, but here in Oklahoma we are happy to have paved roads... :D So it does not have a hard time finding the ones that I wanted to ride on.

Ask a Question