Uploading map from MS Streets and Trips

I had a Garmin Nuvi 1450 that I would load my own route from MS S&T. Now that is has died I need to find a new GPS to perform this task. I would use it on my motorcycle and like taking the roads less traveled. I haven't purchased a new GPS yet and was going to steer clear of Garmin this time. I was hoping someone on this forum could point me in the right direction. Do any TomToms allow a custom map or is it only certain models? Can I still use MS S&T or should I use the TomTom route planner?
If I purchase the android app, will I be able to open or upload to the app?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Last edited:
Welcome to TTF.

None of the newer TomTom models handle itineraries properly. The best you can use is 3 waypoints.

Most older models do allow itinerary planning with up to 48 waypoints.

If you can find a 540, for example, that will do the job (though not sure how it will mount on a motorcycle).

And you can convert itineraries from MS S&T to the required itn format that TomTom needs using a tool called GPS Babel (you can google for it).

Or the new Rider model? They still accept itineraries.

As for the 540 etc. here's a good mount for ordinary models that I have used for my daughter's Xl on her moped:

BuyBits SKU 8644

But it's an awfull layout on that website, things are scattered and often listed several times, See also stock codes 6520 (I think it's upside down in the pic... it's more waterproof if the cable access hole is at the bottom! :rolleyes:)
or 9482 etc.

Ask a Question