Updated software - lost built-in POI

TomTom Model(s)
Go 300
My first TomTom 300 had United_States-Map v597 which included "Churches" listing dozens in my community. (NOTE: this was in the "core" maps not an added POI.)

I just bought a new TomTom 300 - with maps v619. No more "Churches" POI category and only a couple of places listed as "Place of Worship" and they are many miles away.

What happened to the old, built-in POI?

My first TomTom 300 had United_States-Map v597 which included "Churches" listing dozens in my community. (NOTE: this was in the "core" maps not an added POI.)

I just bought a new TomTom 300 - with maps v619. No more "Churches" POI category and only a couple of places listed as "Place of Worship" and they are many miles away.

What happened to the old, built-in POI?

That's a little weird. I have a GO700, which does have a 2.5gb hard drive in it instead of an SD card, but it does have the Church POI category (and the Places of Worship -- probably to remain politically correct since not every "Place of Worship" is called a church). Did you get the maps on CD, too, or just the SD card? If you also have the maps on CD, you could try copying the map over again...? The only experience I have with TomTom and SD cards is with the Palm PDA version, and it came with CDs that you would copy over to your own SD card. The SD based GOs are probably different.

Ask a Question