Unit rebooting again

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
After updating to the newest map 875 a few days ago, my XL-335TM rebooted a few times today. It worked fine for a few days, but then when I tried to navigate to a "POI in City" it would hang for 1 minute then reboot. Tried navigating anywhere else and seemed to be okay. Then again tried to navigate to POI in City... hangs for a minute then reboots.

So I connected to computer, ran emulation mode in HOME and tried navigating to "POI in City". It hung (hanged :rolleyes:) for over 1 minute then FINALLY worked in emulation mode. Navigate to Favorite and just exercised the unit in emulation mode. Then after disconnecting the unit seems to work normally again. Whew!

Seems like there's still some weird software writing going on. Thankfully I don't have to reload from backups.

Just sharing in case there are others out there with this problem.

Last edited:
There is some feeling the mapsettings.cfg file in the 8.75 map doesn't always get 'interpreted' properly by the application, which results in a hanging........

Sometimes, the emulator process (which rewrites the mapsettings.cfg file) fixes the issue ........... until next time. :(

Ask a Question