Unable to update my map to 715

Can someone help me out. I've gone through the forums and still cannot get a resolution on my own. I'll be calling TomTom support in the morning if I can't get it working tonight. I just purchased the thing two days ago.

I've got the 7.05 maps installed with the latest firmware version. When I installed the software and then did the updates, it downloaded and update my unit. I get the Guam map update option and that one shows the latest version. I've tried the reset button on the bottom. I've tried removing the NA maps and still only get the Guam option. When I went back to install maps onto my unit, I only have the option to install Guam for free, but the North America maps show a pricetag. I have uninstalled the Guam map and when I try a map update, I only get the Guam maps as an option.

Did I inadvertently install the Guam update instead of the North America update?

Looking in the My Documents.... I have Guam folder under the Map folder?

TIA

Im getting that somewhat today too. I did manage to install the 715 maps but i cannot use mapshare. I want all the updates that were on 710 on my 715:(

I went through the same thing.
I suggest you restore your 7.05 NA map (you did back it up right?).
Then you will need to call TomTom support - be ready to upload a scanned copy of your receipt and Latest Map guarantee (or fax it to them).

I did this last week and they were having some server problems so even after they approved my new map update it took 2 more phone calls before they told me "they had server problems... please try again in a few hours."
I did and finally got the updates.
SO, I suggest have a little patience and they should get you taken care of.

Im getting that somewhat today too. I did manage to install the 715 maps but i cannot use mapshare. I want all the updates that were on 710 on my 715:(

Won't happen. Mapshare are map specific. The best you can hope is that some mapshare changes for the 710 got into the release for the 715 map.

Although I was able to update my 720 w/ v715 map, I ran into a bit different problem: when I turned it on, it didn't ask me to enter my password, but all txt that I input was there. So I opened TTHome, but I am unable to operate it through TTHome. I can run updates and such, but when I click on "Operate my GO," a black screen w/ red hands (TT logo) pops-up, but then it says "No maps found!"?

Actually, I have 3 maps installed: NA_2GB, Western/Central EU and Eastern EU (all maps work just fine). I did put 920 POIs (that someone uploaded here) on my old v710 map and worked fine. So I did the same with v715 map and works just fine. Although I can care less if I "operate" my 720 through PC, my concern is that I cannot set password on my 720 now...

I do have all three maps on my 2GB SD card and I even swapped Eastern EU map from SD to internal memory, but no luck... Anyone have any ideas how to get this fixed?

Same thing here. My parents just bought a 720. I was setting it up for them yesterday. Installed Home off the web site rather than the CD. It picked up the latest software and installed it on the 720. The map on the unit is 7.05, but the only updated map home sees is the one for Guam.

I told them to wait until just before the 30 days were up to do the update in case any other map updates come out. If the latest map update issue is not resolved by then, I plan to tell them to call support.

Perhaps a pin reset of your unit and then connect to computer and start TTHome.

Tried but didn't work (forgot to mention that) :)
However, I did get it to work: I originally uninstalled Guam map (don't need it), so now I re-d/l it and installed it through Home and it works -- I was able to set my password/pin once again. What's strange through is that I can only see/use Guam map and no other maps (all other are on SD)...? A bit weird, but it doesn't really bother me...

Tried but didn't work (forgot to mention that) :)
However, I did get it to work: I originally uninstalled Guam map (don't need it), so now I re-d/l it and installed it through Home and it works -- I was able to set my password/pin once again. What's strange through is that I can only see/use Guam map and no other maps (all other are on SD)...? A bit weird, but it doesn't really bother me...

Did you, in the unit, go to the manage map option and select the one you wanted on the sd card and THEN in TTHome, select the sd card when given the selection choice?

Did you, in the unit, go to the manage map option and select the one you wanted on the sd card and THEN in TTHome, select the sd card when given the selection choice?

Yup! My current map is set to NA, but when in Home, I make updates to both Internal and External "Memory"... so yes, I tired both options. No big deal... I was able to get it to work so I'm happy. :) Thx for help though...

I couldn't update after my purchase either. I called TT support and they attached the 7.15 map to my account, no questions asked. It took about 30 minutes to download and install.

I have 705 NA map version on my 720. The thing is I got it as a gift through my company award program. There are a few places that my 720 are unable to locate and maybe it will with the new Version. Support Center wants an proof of purchase but i dont have one or would be able to since i got it as a gift. I called and they says thats the only way.....Any suggestions. I am about to go buy a new 720 scan the new reciept to send it in , then return it. I wonder if that would work.

NEVERMIND. GOT 715

Last edited:

Ask a Question