unable to connect to tomtom to computer

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom one vs 3
Have the latest version of tom tom home on my computer when I connect the one Vs 3 to computer and switch one on it just goes straight into loaded tom tom. Unit does not ask if want to connect to computer. Micro Net frame up to date.....any ideas please.......

Have the latest version of tom tom home on my computer when I connect the one Vs 3 to computer and switch one on it just goes straight into loaded tom tom. Unit does not ask if want to connect to computer. Micro Net frame up to date.....any ideas please.......

Power on you TomTom FIRST, then plug into PC running Windows XP, and it should prompt the "Do you want to connect to computer?"

Again, power on your unit FIRST, then plug in your USB cable...It works for me. :D

tomtom one

i am having the same problem i tried resting it turning it on and then plugging it in i have no idea what is wrong it just does not want to connect to the computer it charges okay just will not connect to the computer and my tomtom needs to update so if anyone can help o and i tried changing the usb plug nothing just like i said it will charge just not connect to the computer thank you

Not my specialty but two things:
if you use explorer does your computer see the tt. We could never get my son's unit to be recognized by tt but we could see it with explorer.
Try a different usb port. I did that with the tt and lo and behold it recognized and all worked well. I have absolutely no idea why but seems like you have tried most everything else. One of my local computer techies told me something about usb channels or paths or something :confused:.

You need to plug it in to a USB socket on the rear of the PC, don't go via a hub or monitor USB connection as these can cause problems, also you might need to put Home 1,6 on the PC to get it to see the device before then using the latest Home software, the older software can often update the file needed on the TomTom so the newer Home software can see the device.
TomTom can e-mail the required file to you which can be put on the deivce using Windows Explorer assuming that you can see the device using this application, this negates using the earlier Home 1,6 if you fancy giving them a ring - Mike

i updated the new home changed usb ports we have tryed the back and on top and i am using windows xp and mozilla as my internet so i have no clue what it could be we even plugged other things in the usb port and everything else worked so yeah

Ask a Question