Umlaut input into TT 920

TomTom Model(s)
Hi all
I am a new TT 920 owner, and want to take the unit next week with me to Germany. How do I input "Umlauts" into the unit? Some German cities use Umlauts in their name, and I have no idea how to get the required dots on top of the letters. Can anybody help?

Hi all
I am a new TT 920 owner, and want to take the unit next week with me to Germany. How do I input "Umlauts" into the unit? Some German cities use Umlauts in their name, and I have no idea how to get the required dots on top of the letters. Can anybody help?
If you haven't done it already make a new POI category and enter all the locations you intend to visit.

Here is a post with details how to do it.

Couldn't find my other post about Tyre.

The sequence in a POI category is not alphabetical but by distance from current location.
Tyre keeps the street address and the coordinates separate.
After making a POI, open it with Tyre and type a name or something memorable to the left of the address and leave a few spaces for it to stand out.
This will not help with sorting put with finding a place. When you are in Hamburg, Bremen will be pretty much on top of your POIs but when in Munich, pretty much at the bottom.

I wish I had known that and Tyre before visiting all those girl friends of my wife's in the UK.
I trust you know that you can switch TT, as well as HOME, to Deutsch

Ask a Question