UK Post Code Navigation

Discussion in 'TomTom News & Announcements' started by rjhyperion, Jun 14, 2009.

1. rjhyperion

rjhyperion

TomTom Model(s):
    Go 530
    After a recent upgrade, using my TomTom 530, a house number screen appears for certain post codes that do not have house numbers, because TomTom are linking the Post Code to a Road Name, and finding that another section of the same Road, has house numbers. It is not possible just to blank out the house number and press 'OK' to overide this link (as TomTom support advise me to do), so I have to navigate to the house numbered section of the Road rather than the Post Code I am after. In one example, TH263AT is a small section of the A28 Ashford Road, in Bethersden, Kent and 5 or 6 miles away there is another section of the A28 Ashford Road, in Saint Michaels, Tenterden, with the house numbers 4 to 79. Have I missed somthing obvious and should I wear the Conical Hat or should TomTom be wearing the Conical Hat ?. I can work around the problem by setting up favorites, but either I need to visit the location and use 'My Location' or I need to know the Latitude and Longitude (for example from a Multimap.com printout). When setting up favorites I can name them such as tn263at A28 Ashford Road' so I can search the favorites and find the post codes I have previously set up. This restricts my usage of the TomTom and as I am a relief delivery driver this is no use for post codes I have not previously visited. Now I have found that there is a limit on the number of favorites of 48
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    rjhyperion, Jun 14, 2009
    1. Advertising