TTS Tweak?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go510
Anyone found anything about TTS on TTGo510 or other models without TTS?? It would be awesome if we can tweak our TT with TTS on it. I know its using Loquendo Text-To-Speech on the TT910, I am wondering if someone can look at their TT910 and confirm that if it is true. If it is I am also wondering then if we can just purchase a license from Loquendo and drop in the folder for TTS and make it work on our TT without TTS. I read somewhere on the euro sites that someone got that working on a Go700.

Yeah, looks like TomTom giveth (by accident) and then TomTom taketh away! Oh, well. I don't know how TomTom's TTS is, but every other TTS I've heard ranges from painfully robotic to flat out inaccurate. My TomTom displays the next road name where I need to turn in two places on my screen -- that's enough for me.

Since this forum seems to be a bit more responsive -- I agree with the last question in that linked thread: What is TMC? It took me quite a while to figure out what TTS is... ;)

TMC is Traffic Message Channel. The TMC traffic alerting system works on an FM sideband signal which utilizes RDS (Radio Data Service) technology.

Oh, okay...yeah, TMC is something I found VERY tempting about the 910. The head unit in my Toyota Sienna has RDS, so I knew what that was. When I read about that feature in the 910, it definitely tempted me (along with all the other extras that come with a 910 over a 700). But in the end I pulled myself back from dreamland and went with the 700. Thanks for the explanation on TMC though. That was PDQ with the FYI/411 on TMC, etc. ;)

tts on a tt1

Yes guys and girls it can be done all be it that its not allowed.I am running a tt1 with tts and it is wonderfull:) I aquired a disk from a forum user in England and I am very greatfull to him.

Ask a Question