ttexplorer

TomTom Model(s)
one v1
Hi, I have tried installing ttexplorer. I managed to get the icon in the menu but when I tap the screen it turns multi coloured and freezes?

Thanks

ttexplore works only on the following Tomtom devices in v6 version: GOx10, GOx00, Rider, One and OneV2.

There used to be an 'app' called filexplorer 1.1 but I haven't been able to find it recently. Perhaps someone else . . . ?

Best regards.

thank you for your reply.

I have it in main menu but when you tap it the screen is babbled!

you would think you wold be able to explore and change files using tomtom home?

The softpedia.com filexplorer is meant to be used on Windows NT / 2K / XP / Vista / 7; it will not install onto your TomTom.

Why don't you just use your windows explorer to explore and change the files on your TomTom? If you don't like windows explorer, there are others available (such as the one you referenced); TotalCommander; PowerDesk (excellent).

What computer do you currently have TomTom Home installed on?

yes sorry, I realised and tried to edit the post. I didnt realise you could use windows explorer to explore the internal flash?

Using windows explorer, your TomTom should show up as an external storage device, assigned a drive letter which would appear something like this: TomTom V1 (G: )

Caution - if you are not familiar with computer-like file structures, be very careful about deleting files or folders on your Tomtom! You may accidentally delete a file which is necessary for the operation of your TomTom.

The best advice we can give you before you venture into making any changes, is to make an explorer (not TomTom Home) backup of the contents of your TomTom. See supermod dhn's excellent instructions HERE .

yes thanks I understand how windows explorer works but I want to access the internal memory.?

I honestly don't think so, but . . .

What computer do you currently have TomTom Home installed on?

Does your computer recognize it as a mounted drive when you connect it to the TomTom?

I'm rather befuddled as to why you need to install a program on your TomTom in order to look at its contents.

im trying to locate and delete. the combined ini file I assume its on the flash memory inside the device?

the sd card shows up as F drive.

I'd recommend waiting until someone else comes aboard to confirm booting up your One V1 without the SD card inserted (I do this with mine, but I've never done it with your model). I am able to browse my internal memory files with the SD card inserted, or, I can browse the SD files when it is inserted - all by using my computer's windows explorer.

i am on a laptop using win 7.

I'd recommend waiting until someone else comes aboard to confirm booting up your One V1 without the SD card inserted (I do this with mine, but I've never done it with your model). I am able to browse my internal memory files with the SD card inserted, or, I can browse the SD files when it is inserted - all by using my computer's windows explorer.

not sure im able to do this.

I assume the internal shows as the E:\ drive if the sd card appears as F:\

You can access the contents of each using the built in to Windows Explorer. You don't need a 3rd party app, especially one that needs installing on the unit.

E is DVD RW
F appears when connected to PC with card inserted.
F also appears when no card inserted but asks to insert card when you click on disk.
There is no other disk when card inserted and connected to PC except F which is the sd card.

Attachments

• my computer.PNG
    my computer.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 494
  • disk inserted connected to pc.PNG
    disk inserted connected to pc.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 524
  • no card connected to pc.PNG
    no card connected to pc.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 537
Correction to my previous post which contained a typo: "I am able to browse my internal memory files withOUT the SD card inserted . . . "

Sometimes what we want, isn't always possible. Sorry I can't help you. That early model with its limited internal memory has the map installed on the SD card. If the card is required for operation, there is no way I personally know of which will allow you to access internal memory.

If you aren't having any issues with the unit's operation, why may I ask do you want to access an 'ini' file?

From further research it seems the v1 has no internal memory its all on the sd card.

I am having problem with voices was advised I need to delete the ini.

Which .ini file. What's the full name?

The only .ini files I can find on any of my TT's or many backups are "local.ini" and "image.ini" both of which are in the tomTom-Cfg folder and they don't look like they have anything to do with voices...

Maybe you should just start again and tell us the actual problem you are having with the voices? Someone is far more likely to have a solution or some suggestions for you if they know what the symptoms are..

Apologies for my late reply.

The problem I am having is that I have installed new voices and although they show onTomTom home. I am unable to see them on my device.

Ask a Question