TT910 power up/power down issues

TomTom Model(s)
When I first purchesed my 910 last September, it would power on and off gracefully when the power to the cigarette lighter would be on or off. By power down gracefully I meen a proper shutdown sequence where I would see the green screen with the little image of the tomtom being removed from the cradle.

After a upgrade a few months back it would still power up when the cig lighter got power, but it would no longer power itself off when i would turn off the car and the tomtom would lose external power.

Now it has taken to only turning on if it is in a cradle with power and I press the power button, and upon losing power from the external source it immediately shuts off without the powerdown screen. I can still power down gracefully by using the power button.

What gives? I have tried multiple resets with the paperclip to no avail.

thanks,

TT indicated, at least at one point, that problems with the unit loosing connection when the vehicle hit a bump caused the unit to shut down prematurely. (At least this is one version of the story). To solve that problem they removed the auto off feature.
At one time a link was available on this board but at present it seems to be inoperative. Perhaps someone can point you there.
I cannot guarantee your results but it worked fine for me and my 910.
Let us know your results.
BTW be sure to back up your unit BEFORE you change any programming.

Last edited:

Ask a Question