TT510 Dead!

My 510 has died. Regardless of what I do it will not come on. I've charged it and tried numerous times to reset it using the recommended (paper clip) procedure for reset - still nothing. Anyone any ideas on how to bring it back to life?
Don
TomTom GO510

Will it come on while powered by the home dock (or auto adapter) ? Units with totally dead batteries will sometimes boot up under power.

If so, you may only need a new battery, and there are posts on how to replace them (they are readily available for third party sources).

You might also call TT support to see if they have any other ideas, but they will not repair or replace it if nothing else works.

Will it come on while powered by the home dock (or auto adapter) ? Units with totally dead batteries will sometimes boot up under power.

If so, you may only need a new battery, and there are posts on how to replace them (they are readily available for third party sources).

You might also call TT support to see if they have any other ideas, but they will not repair or replace it if nothing else works.

I have had the 510 about 2 years - loved it - and - yes - while on home charger and auto charger I get a green light.
Can you give me a link to how to change the battery? and a source for a new battery!
Thanks very much for your help - greatly appreciate it.

I can't find the link (I thought there was one in this forum - check the 510 - 910 sub-forum).

I had goggled and found this site - http://www.batteryship.com/:

EXCEPTIONAL TOMTOM GO 510 BATTERY TECHNOLOGY:

"Lithium ion Chemistry more info

3.7 volts more info
2300 mAh more info
100% OEM compatible. TomTom Go 510 Battery is guaranteed to meet or exceed OEM specifications.
Integrated Power Management Circuits - protect against over-voltage and under-voltage conditions and maximizes battery life between charges, minimizes charging times, and improves overall battery life.

It generally takes just a few minutes to successfully replace this battery! "

I have not ordered anything from them, and there are other sources also. I think they supply some tools with the battery.

Ask a Question