TT one 3rd edit real time mileage?

Apologize in advance if I missed it during my searches but this in my question. Just purchased a Tomtom one 3rd edition and learning to use.

I want to use it to help track my fuel mileage due to my speedometer being serverely off due to different size tires on the vehicle.

Is there a hidden feature, work around or anything I can do to set it up to where as the display is constantly showing how many miles I've traveled up to that point?

I've only had experience with military type GPS units in which you could basically set a waypoint at your current location and then start moving and it would give mileage logging to you in real time as you execute your movement. Guess I'm a little bit surprised as I thought that this was one of the most basic functions of GPS navigation?

Where am I going wrong? Is there just a way that I don't know of?

Apologize in advance if I missed it during my searches but this in my question. Just purchased a Tomtom one 3rd edition and learning to use.

I want to use it to help track my fuel mileage due to my speedometer being serverely off due to different size tires on the vehicle.

Is there a hidden feature, work around or anything I can do to set it up to where as the display is constantly showing how many miles I've traveled up to that point?

I've only had experience with military type GPS units in which you could basically set a waypoint at your current location and then start moving and it would give mileage logging to you in real time as you execute your movement. Guess I'm a little bit surprised as I thought that this was one of the most basic functions of GPS navigation?

Where am I going wrong? Is there just a way that I don't know of?

I also have a TT 3rd and haven't seen any way to monitor mileage on it.

I also have a TT 3rd and haven't seen any way to monitor mileage on it.

Goto the third party application section of this forum. Read up on TRIPMASTER and download and install it. Will do the task you want.

Thanks! I put on tripmaster, took care of the garbled screen issue and I seem to be good to go!!! awesome!

What am I missing here, I downloaded the tripmaster zip file and extracted it then added it in the root of my Tomtom. It added two files, tripmaster_v1.8a.cab and tripmaster_v1.8a.toc. Uploaded it to the Tomtom and I can not find anything different with my Tomtom.

What am I missing here, I downloaded the tripmaster zip file and extracted it then added it in the root of my Tomtom. It added two files, tripmaster_v1.8a.cab and tripmaster_v1.8a.toc. Uploaded it to the Tomtom and I can not find anything different with my Tomtom.
You should have an extra icon in the menu for tripmaster...

These two files are not supposed to be copied to your TomTom.

You are to copy them into the C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download folder on your PC.

Once those files are in that folder, then you can use TT HOME V2 to install it
1) Open TT HOME V2
2) Click on ADD MAPS, TRAFFIC, VOICES, ETC
3) Click on the MORE arrow until you can click on ITEMS ON MY COMPUTER
4) Click the "+" sign next to Applications and you should see it in the list
5) Click the ADD button and it will install it on your TomTom

These two files are not supposed to be copied to your TomTom.

You are to copy them into the C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download folder on your PC.

Once those files are in that folder, then you can use TT HOME V2 to install it
1) Open TT HOME V2
2) Click on ADD MAPS, TRAFFIC, VOICES, ETC
3) Click on the MORE arrow until you can click on ITEMS ON MY COMPUTER
4) Click the "+" sign next to Applications and you should see it in the list
5) Click the ADD button and it will install it on your TomTom

Thanks, I have it installed but when I go into it the screen is unreadable. Its all washed out and can't make out anything on it.

Thanks, I have it installed but when I go into it the screen is unreadable. Its all washed out and can't make out anything on it.
To run Tripmaster correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
run it once, the screen is garbaged
stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
run Tripmaster, the screen is OK
NB: this fix works only for the screens generated by Tripmaster. The virtual keyboard display, invoked in some Tripmaster setups, remains garbaged. This can't be fixed.

Ask a Question