Trouble downloading new maps

Hi, I have just purchased online new maps for the USA and have had real difficulty getting it to down load. Tomtom support told me to delete the maps and start again which I did, same problem, downloaded for 2 hours then got an error message, View attachment Doc3.zip
I tried again and the down load time went up and up to over 13 hours I thought that was strange so aborted. We are on broadband so that shouldnt be an issue.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks
Toni[

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a directly wired connection is suggested to your router. Some people have experienced problems using a wireless connection to the router.

Thanks for the replies, but I am using a wired connection and my firewall and anitvirus are not affecting the download. I think it is because my download speed is only 256kbps. Tomtom support have been next door to useless and now I have paid for maps that I cant download and may have to buy an SD card instead. :mad:

Can you be SURE your Antivirus and Firewall aren't affecting the download?

Personally, I would try a few more times. TomTom's servers can be notoriously slow at downloading maps. in the past I have had a successful download that took over 12 hours, for no apparent reason.

Thanks for the replies, but I am using a wired connection and my firewall and anitvirus are not affecting the download. I think it is because my download speed is only 256kbps.
Yikes. I'm not familiar with the size of the maps for your region, but at 256Kbps, the 1.7GB US map would take forever to download. Do you have any idea how big your map folder is now?

Do you have a friend in town that can offer you a faster connection? I'd even consider WiFi ahead of the 256Kbps connection. I last updated my own maps over my home WiFi network without incident, and it ran quite quickly.

Ask a Question