tripmaster v3.1

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom xl
Hello,
I have a tomtom xl and need to know how to get tripmaster v3.1 downloaded on it. Can anyone help? I have downloaded the program but can't figure out how to get it onto the tomtom. I am not a computor genius.

Hi plumpurplecrazy & welcome to TTF!

Tripmaster runs on my TomTom XL 340. If you have the TomTom One XL, a slightly different set of instructions would be used.

1. Unzip Tripmaster v 3.1 on your computer - should see 3 folders.
2. Make a new folder on your TomTom called tripmaster.
3. Copy / paste the entire tripmaster folder onto your TomTom tripmaster folder.
4. Make a new folder on your TomTom called sdkregistry.
5. Copy / paste these two files into the sdkregistry folder: tripmaster.cap and tripmaster.bmp

Properly disconnect your TomTom from the computer, reboot the TomTom, and hopefully (smile) Tripmaster will appear on your last menu screen.

Let us know how it works. Good luck!

Hi

Now I`ve done to my TomTom XXL IQ application 9,430 Tripmaster dwnload twice.

Ectract dir s to root, and to directory named tripmaster, copied info to new director sdkregistry. And all wht i can see, is the icon on the TomTom. When I push it, Tripmaster does not start, nothing happens. Please, what is wrong ?

It is questionable whether 3rd party apps work any longer with the 9.430 application. Do you have a backup to the previous version of the tomtom application?

Hi

Now I`ve done to my TomTom XXL IQ application 9,430 Tripmaster dwnload twice.

Ectract dir s to root, and to directory named tripmaster, copied info to new director sdkregistry. And all wht i can see, is the icon on the TomTom. When I push it, Tripmaster does not start, nothing happens. Please, what is wrong ?

Assuming you've done the install correctly, did you wait long enough for the program to start? It takes 5 - 10 seconds on mine before running, using Navcore 9.430 (runs fine for me).

Hi

Yes.I´ve closed it corrctly. and waited. Still same result.
Should I change another version of Tripmaster ?

And, no. I have not earlier version of TomTom application.

joukor, I wasn't sure what your process has been so far in your first attempt at installation. There is an additional set of items written by Tripmaster’s author which is supposed to make this program work on 9.xxx Navcore. See THIS LINK for detailed instructions.

Here is the shortened version:

Download from the author’s website a patch he calls plugins_hook. Once on your computer, you can unzip the contents which contains two items: a folder called plugins_hook which contains the file plugins-hook.so and another text file, plus another stand-alone file called ttn. Both the folder with its contents, and the stand-along file should be copied onto your TomTom.

See if this will make it work for you. If not, simply delete those files. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :)

Author’s website may be intimidating to navigate. Choose your language of preference, then look for the section called "program for TomTom V8.x or V9.x compliance," then "another program to solve V8.x or V9.x problems."

Let us know if this helps.

Hi

I´ve done this also. Copied those files to rooth, and tried to do it.
But no, it does not work. Still the same result. Only icon, what can I press. Withoult any result.

Hi

****. Now this system is stucked. I removed config. file and the directory, to where I put this tripmaster. Now TomTom not start anymore.It plts drums, and that`s all.
What in Hell is wrong ??

Details : It stops, after drumming, but I can see all files and dir`s in it. But I have no backup, so I do not know, how to make work again. I´ve tried reset, but no.
I m sure, that something important is now missing, but I do not know, what. Those files i deleted, and directory Tripmaster are not in recycle bin.

what to do ??

Last edited:
TripMaster 3.1 installed no problem for me and is working very well on my XL 340. Very nice app with lots of nice little touches, but most importantly it provides trip logging and altitude readout, two important features inexplicably missing from TomTom's nav software. It's a shame that it can't show the track log on the map like iGo or MioMap, but I can look at it later with Google Earth.

Two things puzzle me with TripMaster: Why doesn't it know what the time zone is when the TomTom app knows? Is that information not available through the API? And why isn't it calculating sunrise/sunset time correctly for setting day/night colors after the time zone is set correctly? (it has sunset happening 3 hours early in my time zone)

Will this work with my 550 XXL? Using v. 9.430. What I've read so far in this thread everyone is using XL. I'm new to TomTom so I'm sorry for asking this.

It's worth a shot but please make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents before trying it.

It's worth a shot but please make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents before trying it.
Well, I did it after making a "Home" backup and it was successful...whew. What is an Explorer backup (for future reference)?

I really like Tripmaster, it will be perfect while riding my motorcycle. I like the compass idea because on my TomTom screen it's hard to see the direction, it's too small compared to the Degrees. I wish it could just be a small compass, but the Tripmaster takes care of that. One thing I wish I could figure out is instead of showing UTC time, I wish I could display it in local time.

Maybe it's time to do a slight rename of that topic dhn?

How about:?
How to make a WINDOWS BACKUP of your TomTom (and how to RESTORE it when needed!)

(I know... no mention of Macs and Finder, but it would never fit in the space for the title!)

Yeah, I just meant that I'd suggested adding "Windows" in the title....

Thanks for the link. I had an idea this is the type of backup you meant. I have a Win7 computer so glad I checked that hidden files get copied too because I didn't have that checked (even though I swore I did that months ago). Since my current version and modifications seem ok at this point so I'll go with it as a good backup.

Ask a Question