TripMaster for VIA 1535

TomTom Model(s)
via 1535tm
Hi,

As i see TripMaster sounds to be a very useful feature

is it available for VIA 1535?

Sadly, it is not. Nor are any other 3rd party apps with Navcore 10.X devices, such as yours.

Why is it so?

should this be a reason i should return my new via 1535 & buy a older model?

Because the user has no access to the file system on these models. So developers of 3rd party apps can no longer provide updates.

dhn, are developers able to provide installation files; is it just update files that they can't provide? Via models seem to be recognized as being an ethernet adapter, by a computer, even though they connect to your computer through the computer's usb port, rather than through an expansion slot in your computer. Once your via model is plugged in usb port, you can transfer voices, images, etc. These are all files. In Windows 7, you can seem these transferred files listed, sort of, in your browser, by MyTomTom, but not in the Windows File Explorer. And you can't see any of the Via's OS files, just the transferred filed. But the fact that you can see the transferred files means there must be some way to access the file system. There seems to be no way to execute an executable file.

The boot sequence and a full fledged API are available to developers on the old models.

On the new models, the entire file structure is locked behind web interface. There is no API, nor any ability for a developer to access the programming code.

Ask a Question