Traffic Receiver

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
Does anyone have a clue when the traffic receiver option will be available for purchase?

The TomTom site says end of Q3 2006. It's been pushed back a few times. There are rumors saying Oct 2. & also sometime in Nov. From the looks of it, they are doing testing to secure its function and not have any problems.

Thanks. There is far more information here on tomtom that anywhere else. ask and thou shall receive.

Looks like TMC attenas are expected to ship the end of this month.

That would be good if true. I bought a 910 in March when they also announced this partly as a reason - instead of Garmin. I liked that it was not going to require a subscription - but it is looking a lot like "phantom-ware".

TomTom should not get in the habit of announcing features when they are no where close to making them available.

Since the traffic receiver seems to be available in europe does anyone have an idea of US roll out?

coming soon ?

I see they are on the European page, and that the US 910/510 accessory page is totally down - could they be updating it to include the receiver ?

If only to say end-of-year, they are missing the boat - the US market is their growth market...

Im disappointed that tomtom didn't include the US with the release. I hope they come up with a solution quickly.

Hi Folks,

I have had a TMC attena on order for the past two months here in Scotland, but it was just today that I recieved it through the post.

I have not had the chance to try it out yet, but I`ll try to keep you informed on how good or bad it is in use.

Hi Folks,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, but I`ve tried to give the Traffic Receiver a good chance to prove itself. Unfortunately it did not do anything in my area (the central belt of Scotland). The main points of failure are as follows:-

1. The clear suction pads for keeping the wire attached to the windscreen, kept coming off.
2. I tried the any country setting, which is supposed to be the strongest signal setting, but the receiver could only find radio 1, which does not carry any traffic information signal.
3. I tried the UK setting, but it could not find any station on this setting.

I gave it long enough and also enough trips to prove itself to me, but the conclusion that I have come up with, is that it is no use to me in the central belt of Scotland. It may work else where, but not in my area.

I`m sorry for the negative feedback, but that`s how it is I`m afraid. Maybe someone else can give you guys some more promising information.

I'm disappointed how long it took for the release of this accessory and it's not working properly in many areas.
Thanks for your review.

I noticed that it has not been made available in the UK (or the US). Is it possible that things have not been set up there yet (?). It may be a matter of setting up the system to work with the UK transmission sources. I hope that is the reason. Otherwise, the European receivers would be expected to work here also now - which I doubt.

Ask a Question