TomTom's website as broken as their Go730

TomTom Model(s)
My GO 730, which I have owned for 5 days, just got into an unusable state. Seems it has lost its map.

I downloaded a new map, but it won't load into the Go 730.

I tried searching the website for an answer, but I couldn't find anythnig even close.

Then I tried "Contact TomTom"

I filled out the box for the model (TomTom GO 730)

I selected a choice from the "Your question is about box (Update/upgrade, but I also tried others)

For "App Version", I entered 8.010

For "Operating system PC" I selected Windows XP

For "PC Operating System (isn't that the same as above?) I enteded Windows XP

for "PDA OS version" I entered "none"

for "PDA model" I entered "not a pda"

For "PDA Manufacturer" I left it at the default : "--"

I entered a brief description of the problem in the question box.

I clock on Continue...

The next page says:

Question Submission Failed.
'Subject' requires a value

Can someone tell me where the "subject" box is?

Can someone tell me why my TomTom has lost its map and won't download a new one?

Rod

Rod, I have suspicions but, in the other thread you posted in, I suggest you return your unit for a replacement. Too early in the game to be having the hassles you are experiencing.

I too found the "submit" error situation and reported it as a reply to their FAQ about submitting questions. The response (which was not emailed to me) was to submit a question :mad:

However, as I did get a request to fill in a support satisfaction survey, I tried creating a new question today, and it now works (despite the fact that the subject input box is not there).

I expect the page was updated for some reason and the validation script was not. So you can now submit questions online again (well at least at 10:30 EST on November 6th):rolleyes:

First - call support when you have a problem - the online system is practically useless.

If you 730 is new, then return it like dhn said. If it is used (eBay, etc.) - you have a real problem. However, until we know which, it would be a waste of time to try to get it straightened out.

My GO 730, which I have owned for 5 days, just got into an unusable state. Seems it has lost its map.
I downloaded a new map, but it won't load into the Go 730.
I tried searching the website for an answer, but I couldn't find anythnig even close.
Then I tried "Contact TomTom"
I filled out the box for the model (TomTom GO 730)
I selected a choice from the "Your question is about box (Update/upgrade, but I also tried others)

For "App Version", I entered 8.010
For "Operating system PC" I selected Windows XP
For "PC Operating System (isn't that the same as above?) I enteded Windows XP
for "PDA OS version" I entered "none"
for "PDA model" I entered "not a pda"
For "PDA Manufacturer" I left it at the default : "--"
I entered a brief description of the problem in the question box.
I clock on Continue...

The next page says:

Question Submission Failed.
'Subject' requires a value

Can someone tell me where the "subject" box is?
Can someone tell me why my TomTom has lost its map and won't download a new one?

Rod

It happened to me everytime I click Contact TomTom Support since Nov 3. I finally called them at 1 866 486 6866 today Nov 6 (and suprisingly the wait was 10 secs for a human voice and I called twice, both wait was less than 15 secs), a tech walk me through the "attach Proof of Purchase" steps. Basically you have to register for an email account first. Their tech Christine was prompt and very helpful.

Last edited:
Are you still experiencing the same things with your GO 730?

I've found that the FAQ / support online is helpful for a lot of more straightforward questions, but if you need more customized help or have a complex problem the phone support is the way to go.

Ask a Question