tomtom's and motorcycles.

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Just wondering if anyone uses their tom tom on their bike (not tomtom rider) I have a GO720 and tried it on my bike for the first time last night and I lost my map? Still had a good fix.. still tracking speed and long/lat but map was gone. Anyone else had problems with using their tom tom on a bike? It was working well at first. I thought about vibration but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

Yes, I use a 720 on a bike lots with nothing but great experiences.

Whadaya mean you lost your map? How did you know you had a good signal?

Here's my mount, the vibration's not too bad I guess, certainly not visible.

Attachments

• P3210003-1.JPG
    P3210003-1.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 896
  • P3210004-1.JPG
    P3210004-1.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 759
You might have hit some setting accidentally. Go to preferences, manage maps and see if it is still there. If not (would be really strange) - then hope you made a backup on your computer.

I have mounted my 910 (which has a hard drive), and used it for several days in Austria - including in the rain (baggies work good - the new RAM enclosure looks much better). I had no problems at all.

Motorcycle Schemes ?

For a motorcycle what are some of your best Schemes for riding in the day light
36_1_32.gif

Thanks
The Sug Man 720 gps

For a motorcycle what are some of your best Schemes for riding in the day light
36_1_32.gif

Thanks
The Sug Man 720 gps
I use the nite screen on mine, doesn't seem to wash totally out in the bright lite (of course this works great at nite....:D ), I use the Ram Mounting system for my set up and absolutely no vibration at all, mine is the TomTom One XL so not waterproof, I do carry a large ziplock bag just in case, or can just take it off, there is a new thing out this month called the AquaBox, which looks very good http://www.ram-mount.com/aqua_box_mount/aquabox_mediumwide_mount.htm will cost less than $40.
TomTom4-23-08.jpg

Nice setup Eldorado! I like all the goodies on your bars. I see a clock and what else is that by the bar clamps? I have not tried the night scheem on my ONE XL since I remounted it behind my number plate, so thanks for the idea!
P1010011.jpg

Last edited:
The other one next to the clock is a Thermometer, the clock isn't working right now as I have to get a new battery, they only last about a year......John

Just wondering if anyone uses their tom tom on their bike (not tomtom rider) I have a GO720 and tried it on my bike for the first time last night and I lost my map? Still had a good fix.. still tracking speed and long/lat but map was gone. Anyone else had problems with using their tom tom on a bike? It was working well at first. I thought about vibration but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. thanks guys.

I use my TomTom ONE on my Triumph Bonneville America all the time with no issues. I bought a RAM mount which attaches to the handlebar right behind my windscreen, and it works great. AYMK, the Triumph isn't known for being smooth, but still no problems.

For those of you who have a TomTom other than the Rider mounted on your bikes, how in the devil do you see the screen in the sunlight? I am using the GO 730 and unless I am riding in the shade, I can just barely make out that there is a map on the screen.

On mine it is also difficult to see in sunlight, I bought and sunshade and what they call an Invisable shield just to protect the screen ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | TomTom Gps Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield and this is the sun shield
Sun Shade Clip-on Glare Shield / Visor for TomTom One XL Go 520 530 720 730 920 930 930T GPS GPS043 didn't like the clip on it so took it off and glued the sunshade right on the TT OneXL, fit perfect, now all this was to try and shade the screen, it probably helps some but not a whole lot, I do run with the night screen in the day and run it at around 80% on the brightness which helps a little, otherwise I just turn the volume way up and hope I can hear it talking to me, so far I have managed to get where I was headed and most of that is on PGR Mission...........

Ask a Question